question: smoking chuck for tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Check out the link in my signature for my Chuck Barbacoa. We love it but I’ve been told it is heavy on the clove. I’ll try it with less next time I make it.

Mmmmmm I love shreded/pulled chuck for Tacos. I usually go SPOG and some Cumin. Do to like 205-208F or maybe even a little higher but definitely needs to be wrapped with liquid or in a pan with liquid and covered with foil.

Shred, throw into a tortilla with pico de gallo and absolutely squeeze some fresh lime juice on it!
I also will add cheese and sour cream or basically anything you want to make a taco, it's all fair game :)

Huge fan of smoked beef tacos/barbacoa. Totally owe this site for learning of it. I need to do a writeup one day since I got a nice process down. I take to 205F and cut in half. One chunk gets vac sealed and froze for later use which is incredibly awesome for those days where you wanna keep it simple. The other chunk is rested overnight or a few days in the fridge until you are ready to use. When ready I chop into chunks and throw in slow cooker to warm with a little stock and spice. Haven't been back to Chipotle since.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky