First Smoke on our new reverse flow smoker!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome cooks on that awesome smoker . Just be careful you don't do a Triple Lindy off the deck when it gets slick .
Those crescent rolls are dialed in too .
Thanks Rich! We really enjoyed it! And my wife definitely has those rolls down. Now I want to watch that movie now... loved that one!

Ryan

whoa there. did the new appliance good..... wish i lived where i could get wood. just sold my reverse flow because (mostly) of that. forks up!
Thank you! Was really glad my FIL had given me some cherry wood like a year ago. Love how it turns out... had some other wood around but need to get more.

Ryan

Man that meat - and all the fixins that went with it - look terrific Ryan! Those beef ribs are ridiculous!! :emoji_thumbsup: 🤤 Makes me want to take another Iowa road trip for a helping of those ribs!! :emoji_wink::emoji_sunglasses:

I can't tell y'all how happy I am to see Ryan enjoying that pit! It's like being a proud father watching his baby take their first steps lol!!

I sincerely hope you get many years of great use out of it Ryan...

Red
Thank you Joel! Means alot to us! And we look forward to alot more cooks on it as well!
Look forward to seeing some future builds of yours again !

Hey I'm looking for a new project Jim! Might as well be a custom-built JLeonard special. Just sayin'.....

:emoji_laughing::emoji_wink:

Red
I don't think Jim can reply... think he might be getting enabled to work some overtime for a new smoker he wants to buy! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan

Love stories on full circle in the group.

OK those plated shots are amazing and you deserve a double ride on the feature carousel!

I'll repeat, A DOUBLE RIDE ON THE FEATURE CAROUSEL!!

Kudos to your wife supporting the purchase and her amazing baking skills.

You still taking corn? What style of header? Most of your corn goes directly back to the hog operation?
Texted my boss yesterday and the neighbors just finished up their soybeans. Really late for northern MN.

Love stories on full circle in the group.

OK those plated shots are amazing and you deserve a double ride on the feature carousel!

I'll repeat, A DOUBLE RIDE ON THE FEATURE CAROUSEL!!

Kudos to your wife supporting the purchase and her amazing baking skills.

You still taking corn? What style of header? Most of your corn goes directly back to the hog operation?
Texted my boss yesterday and the neighbors just finished up their soybeans. Really late for northern MN.
Thank you... means alot coming from a Floridian! :emoji_blush: I'm just kidding! It was a fun cook! She didn't really understand what type of smoker I bought... her eyes lit up when she realized what it was... next best thing to cooking over the open fire.

I'd be dang nervous having just finished beans here in Iowa at this time of year... much less in Minnesota.

No, we have been done with harvest maybe 2 weeks. Darn good yields for as dry as we were. Run a 1083 Case IH corn head on a 2188 Case IH combine. And no, I custom feed these pigs. I own the barns and am paid to raise the pigs. In exchange we get the fertilizer value from the manure. And we don't farm enough acres to feed that many hogs. As they get close to market weight I go through 72 to 96 ton of feed a week.

I'll be honest... kinda looking forward to the weather changing... give me more time for my to do list from here!

Ryan

Ryan awesome smoker you got and looks like you pretty much have it dialed in by that fantastic meat that came off it. Those rolls look great as well. Hope you have a good source for wood with cooks like that I think you'll be using it a lot.

Hmm......A basic offset vertical?

Jim

You mean something kinda like this?

stockton-vertical-offset-smoker-2.jpg

That would be fun to build! Just say the word and we'll work something out my friend!

Red

I have to say thank you... the ride on the carousel means alot... especially for this cook! Makes me feel proud... wife and I had the easy part... Joel did the hard work and his smoker performed perfectly!

Ryan

Ryan awesome smoker you got and looks like you pretty much have it dialed in by that fantastic meat that came off it. Those rolls look great as well. Hope you have a good source for wood with cooks like that I think you'll be using it a lot.
Thanks Jerry, it's greatly appreciated! Definitely gonna have to get more wood! But not an issue... have a pretty good source for oak and red oak. Never ending supply of mulberry, want to get more cherry though.

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
Great cook on a fantastic smoker Ryan. Both are works of art.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! I appreciate it! And now I think about it... should have added a beer pole!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
Gimme a day or two to put a pencil to it and check some material prices...it'd really depend on dimensions, how many racks, what bells and whistles you like, etc.

I'll stop hijacking Ryan's thread and shoot you a PM...

Red
It's all good!

Ryan

Congrats on the new smoker! Those ribs look legit! Making me hungry.

Also, this pic. caught my eye..

.....don't forget the beer pole when you build a more permanent cover!
Thanks Keith, I appreciate it! I was wondering how many would notice... surprised I didn't lose my yeti... now where the heck did I set that at? Has been said many times!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky