Pulled Smoked Chuck Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
I was inspired by several threads on here lately so here it is...

I had a chuck in the freezer and after TNJAKE TNJAKE 's pulled beef thread, https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/pulled-beef.309924/, I knew what had to be done with it. I seasoned it with coarse salt & fresh ground pepper as well as a BBQ rub I make, just standard stuff...
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg

Onto a Weber with some maple splits. Like Jake, I smoked it for around 4 hours and then into a covered pan for a few more to finish...
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg

Let it rest and then pulled...
thumbnail (5).jpg

Meanwhile, inspiration from Bearcarver Bearcarver on some pan fried potatoes, https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...s-grilled.310183/#lg=attachment508728&slide=0, and chef jimmyj chef jimmyj on some haricot verts, and I put together a meal for us...
thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (6).jpg

Thank you guys for the inspirations...

That meal looks delicious! Great thing about this forum... different threads just give us ideas on what to make next. Kinda like when my wife asks what I want for supper and I reply... I don't care. Or I don't know. We now have pre planned meals when that's my answer. Maybe should change it to pulled chuck roast!

Ryan

Nice looking plate. We have the Brown Butter Green Beans, Haricot Vert or French Cut are favorites, with Beef or Roasted Chicken. Its one of the few Veg everyone likes. Me, I'm an Asparagus guy! Roasted, Sautéed, Grilled, Fresh, Frozen or even Canned, I love it...JJ

Nice looking plate. We have the Brown Butter Green Beans, Haricot Vert or French Cut are favorites, with Beef or Roasted Chicken. Its one of the few Veg everyone likes. Me, I'm an Asparagus guy! Roasted, Sautéed, Grilled, Fresh, Frozen or even Canned, I love it...JJ
Thank you Chef. While my beans weren't true French style beans, just whole green beans, we still love them roasted or sauted. Asparagus is also high on our list of favorite veggies...

That meal looks delicious! Great thing about this forum... different threads just give us ideas on what to make next. Kinda like when my wife asks what I want for supper and I reply... I don't care. Or I don't know. We now have pre planned meals when that's my answer. Maybe should change it to pulled chuck roast!

Ryan
Thank you Ryan. Yes, there's always a great assortment of ideas on here to help with the menu. I grew up eating Sunday pot roast with potatoes, carrots, and onions. I think my pot roast will from here on be smoked...

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky