Pulled pork sandwich - gotta toot my own horn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

doughboysigep

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 16, 2015
Delhi, NY
Smoked a butt in my Pit Boss. Nothing real special or fancy - injected with apple juice mixed with some rub (Cabelas pulled pork rub), rubbed with mustard & the rub (with a little extra paprika & brown sugar). Smoked for 3.5 hrs at 275 then wrapped with apple juice, brown sugar, & butter for another 3 hours or so (rested for 2 hrs). Shredded and mixed with some BBQ sauce (not very heavy).

Now for the sandwich......potato bun, pork, corn chips, pickled onions, and some homemade Alabama white sauce. It was best I've ever made (or had for that matter). L-E-G-I-T!

Gotta post up some pics!! I love Alabama white sauce. Haven’t tried it on pork yet.

Sandwich sounds amazing! I had never heard of Alabama white sauce until now, and I can't wait to try it!

Sounds great where the photos. No disrespect but on this forum no photos it didn't happen. Yea I know it looked so good it got eaten before you could take a photo.

Warren

Reactions: TNJAKE
It sounds good. Guess my hungry eyes will stay hungry.

The Alabama white sauce makes a good coleslaw base, I bet it’s good on a PP sandwich.

You are right about the white sauce for PP sammies. Years ago for larger cooks like for work or a birthday party we would smoke 6 or 8 butts all night for PP sandwiches, and I would call Kentucky Fried Chicken a couple of days before and reserve a gallon of their coleslaw. It was chopped very fine and had a great flavor. A little scoop was all it took.

Post some Pics, sounds good, can't beat a good ole pulled pork samach Toot Toot

Gary

Wolfed these down in about 7 minutes!
image.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky