Pulled Pork Finishing Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

straightupnobs

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
O-H-I-O
Ok , doin my first Pulled Pork next week when i'm off here in buckeye land
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
. Hopefully it comes out as good as my brisket. Anyways anyone wanna bounce some of there good sauces for PP off me?? I love Soflaquer's Mustard finishing sauce , but i'm thinking of something a bit more vinegar & spices type. Thanks in advance.

Experiment my friend. You just might be able to amaze yourself. I myself am going to doctor up that very same recipe in a few days and see what happens
cool.gif

i just got one word for you:

try rivet's sauce. it is SOOOOO good you won't beleive it!

ok, it was a little more than one word, but take my word for it.

here's the recipe:

Finishing Sauce:
3 Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Bottle (12 oz) Killians Irish Red or Guiness Beer
1 TBSP Salt
2 TBSP Red Pepper Flakes
1 TSP Ground Black Pepper
1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar

Mix all sauce ingredients in saucepan, bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and simmer 30 minutes, uncovered.

Once pork is pulled and chopped, mix in large bowl with sauce. Serve on buns with coleslaw.

--------------

we don't have much of the GOOD beer up here, but this worked well using regualr pabst blue ribbon beer. you can cut back on the red pepper flakes if you want, but you won't need to. when you get the toher ingredients in there and mix it with the pork, it's just about perfect!

This is the finishing sauce I have used. I got it from another forum. It is extremely good but I havent used any other finishing sauces so I have nothing to compare with.

1 quart cider vinegar
12 oz Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 T red pepper flakes
2 T salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp celery seed
2 T Worchestershire sauce
Juice of one lemon
1 T chipotle powder
1 tsp dry mustard
1 T onion powder

Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes. Let cool, and bottle. Great with Carolina style pulled pork BBQ sands.

The one I use is as follows...
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 Tsp Table Salt
4 Tbs Yellow Mustard
2 Tbs Cholula Hot Sauce
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder

Heat just til small bubbles start then turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes stirring every five minutes or so. Then off heat until cool enough to bottle.

It's a great sauce, a little sweet, plenty tangy and just a bit of kick to it. I use it on everything from pulled pork to hamburgers.

This is a variation on something I found here on the site. Sorry, I'd love to give you credit but I don't remember where I got it.

GO BUCKS!

Here's a Lexington, NC style finishing sauce that I found to be excellent...a little sweet - a little tart.

32 ounces ketchup
2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup sugar
1 stick margarine
1 cup lemon juice
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt

Bring all ingredients to a boil, then back the temperature down to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Put in a bottle. It will keep for a month or two in the fridge.

Thanks guys , for all the responses. now i gotta sit down this weekend & figure out which one or two im gonna settle on. they all sound great.

here is what i use and get good thumbs up on it.........bob

Finishing sauce

1/2 cup molasses

1/2 cup Worcester sauce

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

1/2 cup apple juice

1/4 cup BB-Q sauce

1 tbsp paprika

1 tsp black pepper

3/4 cup brown sugar

Warm vinegar then add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to boil and cook for 15 minutes.

I like a Carolina Red finishing sauce on PP:

1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon (packed) brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper

Stir all ingredients in small bowl until sugar and salt dissolve.

The one I use is as follows...
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 Tsp Table Salt
4 Tbs Yellow Mustard
2 Tbs Cholula Hot Sauce
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder

Heat just til small bubbles start then turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes stirring every five minutes or so. Then off heat until cool enough to bottle.

It's a great sauce, a little sweet, plenty tangy and just a bit of kick to it. I use it on everything from pulled pork to hamburgers.

This is a variation on something I found here on the site. Sorry, I'd love to give you credit but I don't remember where I got it.
I might try this but switch out the cholula for tapitio.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky