Pulled Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mattu1665

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Miflord, MI
Going to be cooking on my brand new MES 40 this weekend and was thinking about doing pulled beef.  Curious as to what cut of beef to use and what type of rubs or marindes.  How about cook times?  Fired up about using the new smoker!!!

I am doing a Arm roast and a meatloaf right now.

The rub I use is all follows:

1/4 cup Paprika

1/8 cup white pepper

1-2 table spoon garlic powder

1-2 table spoon onion powder

1 table spoon cayenne

1-4 cup kosher salt

1-4 cup white sugar

2 table spoon packed brown sugar

1 table spoon of chili mix

Of course I always just eye ball it for the most part.  Thinking the roast will be done in about 8-9hrs.

congrats on the new smoker! As far as pulled beef goes you got your standard brisket or chuck roast. If your looking to do someting that wont take a whole day go for the chuckie. Makes great pulled beef with a little bbq sauce on top. Generally the standart 1.5 hours per pound applies to either brisket or chuck. As far as rubs for beef I like to keep it simple like a little S&P, garlic and onion powder. Good luck

Reactions: mattu1665
congrats on the new smoker! As far as pulled beef goes you got your standard brisket or chuck roast. If your looking to do someting that wont take a whole day go for the chuckie. Makes great pulled beef with a little bbq sauce on top. Generally the standart 1.5 hours per pound applies to either brisket or chuck. As far as rubs for beef I like to keep it simple like a little S&P, garlic and onion powder. Good luck

Definitely agree with this. The chuck roast should work nicely, but you could also break in your new smoker with a marathon of brisket!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky