Pullde Pork that I thought was bone in ham.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

belair427

Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
Topeka, KS
Ok folks,

I need to ask a question about pulled pork. I have been smoking with a Traeger for about 10 years now. I have been told many times that my pulled pork is some of the best my friends have eaten. I enjoy it myself but its not too die for like I wish. This past week, I attended a banquet that was catered by a BBQ Caterer in KC, where I had some of the best smoked ham I have ever eaten. Problem is after talking to the caterer it was pulled pork! We was understandably secretive as to his process.  It was unbelievable! 

Can anyone tell me how he may have accomplished this? It was dark red with a great smokey flavor just like a cured bone in ham.

Is it my pellet smoker hindering my final product? Is it my preparation? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Curt

My guess is - he cured with some curing salt (Tender Quick or Prague Powder#1, for example) and then smoked it like you would a pulled pork.

Anyway, that's my .02............

There's a step by step on here for doing cured pulled pork . I've done it and it's really good .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky