"PRIVATE MESSAGE" PROBLEM !!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dick bullard

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
Lombard, Il.
Have a problem trying to send a Private Message"   I can enter who I want to sent it to and the subject....but it won't allow me to enter any message...anyone else had this problem ???

RICK

After reading another post a few minutes ago about problems with "REPLY" and having to "Refresh" it....I started having problems with it also......"REFRESH+ seems to work in both cases....!!! RICK

Shoot for a while I was only getting the reply box but with none of the buttons, spell check, bold, italic buttons. Not even the Submit or Reply buttons.  I could not even answer a post. I am using Firefox and found using IE Tab brought them back, I am now back to Firefox and it all seems good. Not sure what happened.

Last edited:
Just had the same problem about 2 min ago.

It's probably the same problem that we've been having with the "Reply" box.  Admin is aware of it and is working with the forum software people to fix it: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/96364/reply-box-problems/20#post_518021

"Refreshing" the page several times seems to be the workaround for now.  Like Jerry said, though, it IS a holiday weekend so some patience is required.  I'm certain that it will be taken care of.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky