Prime Rib (Best ever)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Go for it jmk! Go Pack. Hey Bear I think jmk is hooked! 
More importantly, the wife is hooked!  That's why I had to get the MES, she couldn't wait for spring!  If she only knew how much enjoyment I get out of it!  I've only had the ECB for a year and I'm deffinitely thinking time to upgrade.  Charcoal, in my opinion, is the way to go when the weather cooperates. 

Can't follow your Pack sentiment, but I like your enthusiam! 

Bear, we as Steeler fans deffinitely have a had it nice.  I'm actually more of a college football guy though.  Born and raised a short trip to Beaver Stadium and PSU Alum so... We are...

Nice looking prime rib!! I am learning a lot just by crusing around this site.... And I am always happy to meet another Penn State fan

Nice looking prime rib!! I am learning a lot just by crusing around this site.... And I am always happy to meet another Penn State fan
"We Are!"   
thumb.gif

Prime rib is definitely one of my favorite meals.  I can't wait to try this.  Nice job!
I couldn't believe how much better Smoked Prime Rib was than oven roasted Prime Rib.

And it is pink all the way from edge to edge.

Unbelievable!

Bear

Wow, just wow!. I checed out Amazin smoker and Maverick, this rib looks delicious and something I will def try. Thank you for fool proof (Smokin for Dummies) instruction.

bear, looks GREAT. i  am going to do the same.  (that was bone in, right???)

Geronimo

Yes---Bone in.

It's real easy to cut down along the bone before slicing it, and then you can save the rib meat for the guy who did the work---You!

Some guys cut the rib bone section off before they smoke it, and tied it back on. I never felt the need---Probably because I use an electric knife---Takes about 8 seconds to remove the rib bone section with electric knife.  

You won't believe how good a smoked Prime Rib is!!!!

Thanks,

Bear

My Brinkman electric smoker has no temperature control.
Ouch!

I never had to deal with that.

Somebody here should be able to tell you how to get it to hold a certain degree, like maybe 225˚???

Bear

I couldn't believe how much better Smoked Prime Rib was than oven roasted Prime Rib.

And it is pink all the way from edge to edge.

Unbelievable!

Bear
Prime Rib is on my short list of things I want to try next and your post only reinforced my desire to do that. Your comments above give me a twinge because my BIL told me he got a rib roast for their Christmas dinner. I tried to convince him to do it on his Weber but he was concerned about messing it up and seemed pretty determined to do it in the oven. I'm sure it came out good, but I think it could have been a lot better.

Thanks for sharing the details on how you prepared this so that we can achieve similar success.

Started mine at 11:30 this am, Thanks Bearcarver for all the insight on doing this.

I will start my own thread with qview after its all over....

Started mine at 11:30 this am, Thanks Bearcarver for all the insight on doing this.

I will start my own thread with qview after its all over....
Sounds Great h8 !!

I'll be watching for your Thread !!

Bear

Just finished reading your post, thanks for all of that info. I feel now that I can proceed with my 1st attempt at " Prime Rib ".......

Hope it comes out just as good, I know the Family will just love it....................................................................
77.gif

Stoney

Nice , Bear . I keep drooling when in the Meat Dept. @ Sammie's . Trish still won't go close to one ,
wife.gif
 , the $ tree just won't bear it' fruit
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Thanks for the look ,

Stan

Just finished reading your post, thanks for all of that info. I feel now that I can proceed with my 1st attempt at " Prime Rib ".......

Hope it comes out just as good, I know the Family will just love it....................................................................
77.gif

Stoney
Thank You Stoney!!

Out of all the things I've ever smoked, there is nothing as tasty as a Med--Rare Smoked Prime Rib!!

You'll love it !!!

Bear

Nice , Bear . I keep drooling when in the Meat Dept. @ Sammie's . Trish still won't go close to one ,
wife.gif
 , the $ tree just won't bear it' fruit
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Thanks for the look ,

Stan
Thanks Stan!!

Go for it during Christmas week. Stores around here had them on sale for years @ $4.99  Christmas week, and only went to $6.99 last year. That's still not bad.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky