Pre-Smoking Smoked Fried Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ZeeSmoque

Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
Hi all,

First time, long time here.

I'm thinking about doing something similar to this for Christmas:

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/smoked-in-texas-smoke-brined-fried-chicken/

Is it safe to smoke the chicken the morning of (so, to get the smoke, but not to fully cook) then fry it several hours later, with it in the fridge in between? I haven't been above to found a resource that definitively states this one way or the other.

Thanks!

Thanks for the tip! I'm more concerned about the food safety element here-- will it be a problem if this chicken is refrigerated for ~5 hours after smoking it?

Precooking and partially warming meat starts bacteria growing... it keeps growing during the cooling down process... Then starts the regrowth when the new cooking method is started again....
That's a sure method for contracting food poisoning...
It is not recommended... especially if you are not eating alone... subjecting others to an unsafe practice is...........

What Dave said , plus I keep thinking about the travel and handling of the under cooked chicken multiple times .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky