Potatoes ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dick bullard

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
Lombard, Il.
Does anyone smoke potatoes? At one time when I had access to a "Smokaroma" www.Smokaroma.com I seem to remember them having instructions in their manual for smoking potatoes. If your not familiar with the Smokaroma it is a commercial pressure smoker/cooker unit and they smoke just about everything in it....!

Rick

I've seen them on here before. Go to the "sides" area and look around. Or try the "search" feature. I looked briefly but didn't see anything. But I know they're here.

I've been thinking of trying a twice baked potato in the smoker.

Here is what I do - I rub them with Olive Oil then sprinkle with Kosher salt and bake until done - about 2 hours is memory serves me correctly at 250

oh yeah i throw em on with whatever is in the smoker 225°for 6 hrs or so.
i likem for twice baked
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Hmmm...twiced baked smoked potatoes sounds pretty good. Firing up the smoker on Thursday will try some and post the qview.

slice them into wedges, salt/rub and smoke, I like to get them on the hot end of the smoker at the end, gets them crispy.

Not a bad idea, but here is another one...I increased my check average at events, and decreased my food costs...Check avg. went from $8 to $11.50, and my food cost went from 28% down to 20%...All because of a very simple machine I developed for making potato chips. I had been working BBQ / Smoke events all last summer when it dawned on me...then we took 1st place (catagory "other") at ILBBQ Fest in Lake Placid, NY with my BBQ Potato Chips. Deep fried them then placed them immediately in the smoker with a sprinkling of salted BBQ flavoring on them...SOLD LIKE WILDFIRE! Bless Dimitri, the event manager, he loved them!
Yes, you CAN smoke potatoes,,,potato meat should be spread out in a tray and smoked at low temp, then re-added to the skins (re: Double Stuffed). or seasoned and served on a plate, garnished. Potato Skins left over? Quarter them, add butter and seasoning, tray them, and smoke them...now fill them with pulled meat, sauce, shallotts, and chopped tomatoes...top with sour cream. garnish with chive.
Info on potato chip cutter available...smoke 'm if you got 'm.....

Rob Wyman [email protected]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky