Possibly a new smoking buddy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
This is Gunner. He's a foster pup that's had a fairly unstable life so far. Gunner is two years old and he's a mix of Husky, Malamute, German Shepard, and Wolf(about 18% according to DNA testing). He'll be living with us for a two week trial to see if he likes us and we like him. So far so good. After the two week trial if all goes well Gunner becomes a permanent part of our family. These are some stock photos of Gunner from the humane society. I'll get some shots of him in our backyard soon as things settle down.

1697479328989.png
1697479751597.png

Here he is next to one of the humane society workers.
1697479867400.png

Fingers crossed,

Chris

Oh man he is gorgeous! I hope it works out for you guys. You need someone to guard the beer pole while your minding the kettles on cook day.

Jim
Thanks Jim, We're hoping things work out as well. He's actually well behaved considering what we know about his background. Also, I think he already realizes that the beer pole is off limits. Gunner has marked everything that's upright in our yard - except the beer pole.

Chris

Looks great Chris! I had a wolf-shepard mix for 13 years, got him at six weeks old, never a problem. He's in good hands! RAY

Reactions: gmc2003
Thanks Mr. Wipple. All but one of our dogs have been someones castoff, and they've all blended in right well with us.

Chris

Good looking pup Chris! Good on ya for trying to rescue him… that is awesome!

We have one too… a Pit Bull/Heeler cross. He had a rough go as well as a bait dog… he’s actually the most mild mannered dog especially for all he went thru!

Looks great Chris! I had a wolf-shepard mix for 13 years, got him at six weeks old, never a problem. He's in good hands! RAY
Thanks Ray. This is our second Wolf mix. Our first one's attitude was more wolf than dog, but he quickly became part of the pack.

Chris

Good looking pup Chris! Good on ya for trying to rescue him… that is awesome!

We have one too… a Pit Bull/Heeler cross. He had a rough go as well as a bait dog… he’s actually the most mild mannered dog especially for all he went thru!

Appreciate it Justin. Gunner likes to play a little rough, but you can see the love in his eyes.

Chris

Hope he works out Chris, all of the dogs we've had over the years have been rescue's and they turned out to be good dogs, sometimes it takes a little time for them to fully trust you and for you to trust them.

That's great!

Someday when the time is right I'll have a dog around again.
Thanks Norm, after skidmark past we thought that was it no more pups. Then my daughter called us about Gunner. The video we saw of him changed our minds.
Hope he works out Chris, all of the dogs we've had over the years have been rescue's and they turned out to be good dogs, sometimes it takes a little time for them to fully trust you and for you to trust them.
I'm sure he will Jim and thanks. Most of our dogs have been rescues also. Skidmark was found abandoned in a barn as a young pup, Harley was left in a box with his brothers and sisters on a major highway, and the other 4 either came from the humane society or a rescue.

Chris

What a sweet looking guy. Nice of you guys to do this ,:emoji_thumbsup: It will be hard to let him go after 2 weeks
I really hope it works out . And for those extra beef bones laying around after a smoke.

Or so you think, they can be quick lol

David
Thanks David. I hope he takes to us as we've already taken to him.

Nice looking cross
Happy you know what you’re getting with a hybrid

Sounds as he’s decided this is home

Appreciate it John, We're fully aware of the differences between a regular pooch and a hybrid. One of our past dogs was close to 80% wolf according to his papers. I swear that dog could have lived a good life on his own in the wild. He actually killed a skunk in our yard without getting sprayed. Not to mention the birds he got.

Chris

Chris

Thanks Mr. Wipple. All but one of our dogs have been someones castoff, and they've all blended in right well with us.

Chris
Call me Chris, Chris. I love dogs and can't imagine life without them. Never had a new dog. Watched many a litter born in an old box in the kitchen as a kid, but those got farmed out. Life sucks sometimes but dogs make it better.

Great looking dog. So many people dont spend the time during the first 2 years they need to. Socialization and being a leader is so important during this time frame but not to say it cant still be done. I wish you the best of luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky