Possible future fridge

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jolayiv

Original poster
May 31, 2017
Hey guys. I'm in talks with a guy to buy a fridge and I wanted to seek some advice from y'all to see if there are any areas that are concerning to you. I have every intention to turn this thing into a smoker but there are a few areas of rust I'm not sure about. The best I can tell it's all on the surface but I just want to be sure this is something I should press on with. I know the real problems with present itself during teardown but it doesn't hurt to ask for a second opinion off the jump. Take a look at a few of these pics and let me know what you think.

876993891ae0031aa9195878d202b557.jpg

cf93933562aabb9359805c4bf8cb4237.jpg

30407af265b5ba847e39f5f679ceb181.jpg

4dd333326bd02c4c8102dcbb428a32fd.jpg

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I have decided to pass on this fridge for a couple of reasons. The paint was laid down super thick and is flaking off and under that is rust. It doesn't look like any prep work was done they just laid the paint over rust.  So the price that is being asked for a "painted fridge" just isn't justified and if it wasn't done properly. I'm just afraid to sink that kind of money into something that would have to be re-done anyway. The search continues.

Come back when you find a "keeper"....    We'll help you out... 

Dave
Thanks Dave. I have found one, I'm going to be starting a new post here in a bit to ask a few questions and toss some ideas around like you suggested in our PM's.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky