Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaredk

Original poster
Jul 8, 2023
Guys, im stuffed! I needed to thin the garden out some and I’ve never made a “white” pizza before so here goes.

3 days ago I made the King Arthur 00 dough as per the package. Let it rise for a day, 2 days in fridge, and all of today outside fridge.

For the sauce. Melted 2 Tbs butter & 1 Tbs olive oil. Sautéed 1/4 vidalia onion, and 3 cloves minced garlic. Let that go a bit, and added salt, pepper, chopped oregano & basil from garden, 1 cup milk, maybe 2 tbs flour, and 1/2 cup Parmesan until smooth and melted.

Spread this on dough. Topped with sliced mazzarella, prosciutto, arugula & super thin sliced jalapeño from garden. Then added sliced smoked Gouda & parm.

750 degrees for about 3ish minutes. Topped with red pepper.
71089264897__DA3F291D-89DA-49E6-A764-40C035087BD4.jpeg
IMG_4735.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a fun setup. Great Job

Nice job on the pizza!
Might I suggest using Bread Flour instead of 00 flour.
It will brown better.
00 needs high heat (900f+) to brown properly.

WoW, the pizza looks amazing. One observation, I like the side tables, but you definitely need a beer pole!!

Last edited:
Reactions: smokin peachey
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky