One Small Prime Rib = 3 Very Nice Ribeyes. (Ninja Smart Grill)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
One Small Prime Rib
= 3 Very Nice Ribeyes.
(Ninja Smart Grill)

This is another one of those changes we’ve made at the Bear’s Den, since Covid has gotten in the way of our shopping habits. It’s been over 2 years since Mrs Bear has gone grocery shopping in Person, due to both of us being what they call “High Risk”.
We’ve been ordering everything on their Web Sites. Then for about a year, Bear Jr was picking it up every other week, and taking it all home. Then he would separate His from Ours, and wipe all the packages down with Lysol Wipes, and bring ours up to the Den.
Then Mrs Bear started doing the Pick-ups & the wiping down about a year ago.
So they haven’t had any decent prices for Ribeye Steaks, and not even many Ribeye Steaks at all. So I decided, since I’m no longer Smoking my Prime Ribs, I will cut down the few “Choice” Prime Ribs I have left in my freezers, into Ribeye Steaks & Dino Ribs.

This will be one of them that I will slice a small roast into 3 steaks.
They will each be over 1.25” thick.
2 of those Steaks got vacuum packed for my freezer, and one went in my Fridge.

For this first Steak, I used some “Bibigo Korean BBQ Sauce”, as my marinade.
I was tipped off about this stuff by TNJAKE TNJAKE , and it’s pretty darn good stuff!
I marinated it for a few hours, and poured some of the leftover on the steak when I put the steak on the grill.
Then when it was time, I Preheated my Ninja, and put the Smart probe in the center of the Steak.
Then I set it on Beef #5 on Hi, for my specific doneness. That told it what targets to go to.
I put the steak in & spread some of the marinade on top.
Then I closed the lid, which is what starts the cooking.
At 85°IT, the Ninja read “Flip Food”, so I did. Closed the lid & it resumed cooking.
Then at 121°IT, it said “Rest”, so I left it plugged in, and removed the steak to a Plate.
The ninja started a new countdown (upwards).
After 5 minutes of rest, I removed the probe, and cut the steak into our portions.
I added Baked Tater & Cranberry Sauce to my plate, and I’m One Happy Bear.

That’s about it, Gang!!
Thanks for stopping in,

Bear

One Choice Prime Rib Roast splitting into 3 Ribeyes:
IMG_8299.JPG

Three nice Ribeyes:
IMG_8300.JPG

Two going to the Freezer & one for the Fridge to Ninja:
IMG_8301.JPG

Marinating a few hours:
IMG_8302.JPG

Into the Ninja, on the Grill:
IMG_8303.JPG

After First Flip:
IMG_8304.JPG

Resting @ 121°:
IMG_8306.JPG

Quick peek at the inside:
IMG_8307.JPG

Plated with Baked Tater & Cranberry Sauce:
IMG_8308.JPG

Last edited:
Nice cook on that one . Perfect edge to edge , and just the way I like 'em .
I just did a couple from the whole ribeye . They really hit the spot .

One Small Prime Rib
= 3 Very Nice Ribeyes.
(Ninja Smart Grill)

This is another one of those changes we’ve made at the Bear’s Den, since Covid has gotten in the way of our shopping habits. It’s been over 2 years since Mrs Bear has gone grocery shopping in Person, due to both of us being what they call “High Risk”.
We’ve been ordering everything on their Web Sites. Then for about a year, Bear Jr was picking it up every other week, and taking it all home. Then he would separate His from Ours, and wipe all the packages down with Lysol Wipes, and bring ours up to the Den.
Then Mrs Bear started doing the Pick-ups & the wiping down about a year ago.
So they haven’t had any decent prices for Ribeye Steaks, and not even many Ribeye Steaks at all. So I decided, since I’m no longer Smoking my Prime Ribs, I will cut down the few “Choice” Prime Ribs I have left in my freezers, into Ribeye Steaks & Dino Ribs.

This will be one of them that I will slice a small roast into 3 steaks.
They will each be over 1.25” thick.
2 of those Steaks got vacuum packed for my freezer, and one went in my Fridge.

For this first Steak, I used some “Bibigo Korean BBQ Sauce”, as my marinade.
I was tipped off about this stuff by TNJAKE TNJAKE , and it’s pretty darn good stuff!
I marinated it for a few hours, and poured some of the leftover on the steak when I put the steak on the grill.
Then when it was time, I Preheated my Ninja, and put the Smart probe in the center of the Steak.
Then I set it on Beef #5 on Hi, for my specific doneness. That told it what targets to go to.
I put the steak in & spread some of the marinade on top.
Then I closed the lid, which is what starts the cooking.
At 85°IT, the Ninja read “Flip Food”, so I did. Closed the lid & it resumed cooking.
Then at 121°IT, it said “Rest”, so I left it plugged in, and removed the steak to a Plate.
The ninja started a new countdown (upwards).
After 5 minutes of rest, I removed the probe, and cut the steak into our portions.
I added Baked Tater & Cranberry Sauce to my plate, and I’m One Happy Bear.

That’s about it, Gang!!
Thanks for stopping in,

Bear

One Choice Prime Rib Roast splitting into 3 Ribeyes:
View attachment 529104

Three nice Ribeyes:
View attachment 529105

Two going to the Freezer & one for the Fridge to Ninja:
View attachment 529106

Marinating a few hours:
View attachment 529107

Into the Ninja, on the Grill:
View attachment 529108

After First Flip:
View attachment 529109

Resting @ 121°:
View attachment 529110

Quick peek at the inside:
View attachment 529111

Plated with Baked Tater & Cranberry Sauce:
View attachment 529112
Very Nice John!

I have some flanken ribs soaking in that marinade now. I had to get it Weises in Honesdale, could not find it locally in NY. Thanks to you and TNJAKE TNJAKE for the recommendation.

Reactions: TNJAKE
So I decided, since I’m no longer Smoking my Prime Ribs, I will cut down the few “Choice” Prime Ribs I have left in my freezers, into Ribeye Steaks & Dino Ribs.
Bear,
This is something I've been wondering about. I've got a 10 pound prime rib roast in the freezer since last year, and I'm not sure when the family and friends will start returning for visits.

Can I defrost the prime rib roast, cut it into steaks, and then refreeze them?

Fully defrost? Partially defrost? Keep frozen and use a saw?
Thanks.

Those Ribeyes are excellent, John. Perfectly cooked, that Ninja and you never disappoint. Love the thickness too. Exactly the way I like them. I also got a jar of that marinade. Haven't used it yet. Wonder how it is on Chicken thighs. Great work as always.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky