On Sale @ Publix

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Tampa area, Florida.
Standing Rib Roast on sale at Publix again... Won't happen again until Christmas so you better run out and get one or three ...

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1783.JPG

Also Hams are on sale for $1.29 lb ..... Picked up a whole one (to take to N. Fl. Gathering) ... and a half one for here

Yeah, I saw that this morning. Thanks for the info and reminder. Going tomorrow to get a few. You really think this won't happen again til Xmas?

Also.. they cut the ribs off and tie them back on to the roast... Unless you buy the whole thing still in the cryovac pack..

None of them here. Sams still have them and 14.99 a lb

I stopped at Publix today and saw the sale and wondered if you would get there before they were sold out. Appears not?
Wife doesn't like roasts so I slice mine down for cheese steak sándwiches. Way better than sirloin and a lot cheaper.

Reactions: SCKT
Also.. they cut the ribs off and tie them back on to the roast... Unless you buy the whole thing still in the cryovac pack..
I've never had one that has been de-boned and tied. When smoked/roasted does it stay intact when you slice it?
That's a really good price and there is a Publix right on my commute to work and back. I need to try one. It's been a couple of years since we've smoked a whole "ribeye".

I've never had one that has been de-boned and tied. When smoked/roasted does it stay intact when you slice it?
After cooking, the bone needs to be removed to slice it, anyway. Publix just helps people out by doing it for them and then tying it back on. Actually, they use an elastic string. Just remove the ties and slice as usual, it will not fall apart. Other options are to remove the ties and cook as a boneless roast or cut up into steaks. Then you'll have a rack of beef back ribs to cook separately...

Reactions: MJB05615
Kroger also has RR on sale $6.97 lb. with digital coupon, limit 2.

Standing Rib Roast on sale at Publix again... Won't happen again until Christmas so you better run out and get one or three ...

View attachment 662212

View attachment 662213

Also Hams are on sale for $1.29 lb ..... Picked up a whole one (to take to N. Fl. Gathering) ... and a half one for here
got one this morning. boned and tied irks me. One meat cutter said he could get me one on hte bone. They only cut about 2/3's down the bone. Saw one that looked good and just shut up and took it. might go back later this week and get one for the freezer. This one goes on the Napoleon monster rotisserie with rear infrared burner.

Reactions: MJB05615
That's a really good price and there is a Publix right on my commute to work and back. I need to try one. It's been a couple of years since we've smoked a whole "ribeye".
I had a "discussion" with the meat cutter expressing my dislike. he told me they only cut 2/3's the way down the bone, so technically they are still intact. I spin mine on the rotisserie, so it's moot.
they apparently do it to help the dense folks so slicing is easy when done. I just know ther's no better gnawing than to leave a skosh on the bone, and gnaw.
Alos have a friend in stuart tha is "friends" with a neat cutter up there who told her the sale will continue. My money bets Winn Dick-me will follow soon with same price.

Yes, I saw this too. I was wondering when these sales would start. Time to stock up. Just used my last one a few weeks ago. I've been rotossierie mine too, so much better that way.

6.99/lb for Reg Choice, 8.99/lb for Certified Angus Beef

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky