Offline for a bit…going “under the knife”…

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by jak757, Mar 2, 2010.

1. jak757

jak757 Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

Tomorrow I go in for total knee replacement surgery. I’ll be in the hospital Wednesday and Thursday, coming home Friday. Then it’s a few weeks at home, with pain meds and physical therapy. I had one knee done last September, so I know what to expect.

So for a few days I won’t be able to get my daily fix of Qview and talk about smoking meats. I think it says something about this passion of ours, and this forum, that as I get ready to have surgery and be laid up for a bit, one of the things I know I’ll miss most is checking out the posts here.

But hey, I’ll have a few weeks at home to catch up, and who knows, if the therapy goes well and the Ohio weather cooperates, maybe I’ll be able to spend some time cooking before I return to work.

So wish me luck, and post some tasty Qview that I can check out when I get back online! [​IMG]

2. All the best .Bill in MN

3. caveman

caveman Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Ok Jak. But when you get back home & rested enough to be able to reach up to the smoker, I want to see some qviews buddy. Don't waste that "Stay at home from work" time off. Good luck. Feel better.

4. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hey John
    Good luck with the surgery - hope it all goes well for you. Looking forward to having you back on like with us soon

5. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good luck on your surgery, and may you have a speedy recovery. At least you might be able to do some reading.

6. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Good luck with the surgery I hope all goes well and you recover quickly..

7. treegje

treegje Master of the Pit

Good luck with the surgery,and hopefully back soon

8. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Good luck John, hopefully they will give you some good meds to get you feeling right.
    Pain? What pain? I feel goooooooooooooooood..................

9. smokingriley

smokingriley Smoke Blower

Good Luck! Hope all goes well!

10. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good luck and get better fast.

11. buffalosmoke

buffalosmoke Meat Mopper

NH
    Best of luck...wishing for a speedy recovery too!

12. zjaybird

zjaybird Meat Mopper

Good luck with the surgery....they have made a lot of advances probably since your last one.....

13. denver dave

denver dave Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Good luck and get well soon.

14. chef jeff tx

chef jeff tx Smoking Fanatic

Best o' luck to ya!

15. werdwolf

werdwolf Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hope things go complication free!

16. Good luck and hope things go well.

17. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I wish you the best and I'm hoping the sugery goes well. I hear that your knee will be as good as new.

18. silverwolf636

silverwolf636 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

That must be getting really popular: Knee replacement. Good luck on that. I know things will turn out great and you'll be up in know time.
    --ray--
    (0||||0)

19. okie joe

okie joe Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wishing you a speedy recovery...Good luck.

20. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good luck with the operation