No steaks?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gadgetman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 19, 2024
All of these categories, but none dedicated to steaks? Happens to be my favorite thing to cook outdoors. There's a lot of ways to cook one,and everyone thinks their's is the best. Plus, how many ways to sear one? None are the only way.
Smoked happens to be my favorite. Can't promise, but I'd try not to poke at the sous vide guys. JK, not really, but yeah....just wondered.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230304_214046_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20230304_214046_Video Player.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 33
Moved your thread to the beef section
Steak looks really good!
Or did you want it in the sous vide section? :emoji_blush: I'm just messing with ya lol!

Ryan
Lol, good one. You can send my leftovers there. That's where I use mine the most.
Seriously though, wasn't trying to stir trouble. Was just wondering.
So then pork "steaks" go in the "pork" section? Got it, ;)

Lol, good one. You can send my leftovers there. That's where I use mine the most.
Seriously though, wasn't trying to stir trouble. Was just wondering.
So then pork "steaks" go in the "pork" section? Got it, ;)
Was hoping you would take it in good humor as that was how it was meant! And yes, there's sections for most things, the general discussion thread section was set up so if you were posting a thread on two different meats such as beef and pork you would put it there. It's mostly to help people find info easier.

Ryan

Reactions: Gadgetman
Also , if you look at the top of the beef section you'll see " Grilling beef "
A lot of steak cooks in there .
We'll take a look. Haven't been to 1/2 of the categories in this big forum.

We'll take a look. Haven't been to 1/2 of the categories in this big forum.
It can be confusing sometimes . I still have to decide where to put what myself .
It's not a big deal , just keeps stuff where people can find it . There's a lot to look at for sure .

Especially when you start off looking for something in particular and get sidetracked... then forget what you started looking for!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
I forgot to comment on the steak ,,,, Looks fantastic . I'm the same about grill marks . I like a solid char . Nice work on those .

Just FYI ,
for your pictures , you can chose to add them to the post . Mouse over where it says insert , and choose thumbnail or full size .

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That's the way I like the surface of my steaks too. I don't care about grill marks.
I'll sear multiple ways, depending on the mood I'm in. These happened to have been seared over hot wood coals,after a smoke in the offset.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky