No more smoke at my house--

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
congrats, it takes a lot to go cold turkey. after i made a year i realized i could do anything i put my mind to.

Trying to quit now, just started Chantix today. Been smoking since I was 15, almost 43 now. Drs orders. Wish me luck

BTW congrats on your anniversary and congrats to all the others as well!

Be careful with Chantix -I'm sure you heard about the crazy dreams and stuff. It works as long as your mind is made up that you want or have to quit smoking. It works when you WANT to quit. I am on day 6 of the patch and not doiing too bad. Don't ever cheat and think just one drag won't hurt ya - I had quit for 3 years and had a drag at the bar one night - I was back to full smoker within 24 hours and fighting it ever since. You have my support and don't give up!

I am working on that now. Just bought the patch as I could not handle the Chantix...............well, I could but no one else could. I was a be-atach with crazy dreams, anxiety, nervousness, distractability etc etc etc. So now onto the patch to see how that goes. If at first you don't succeed..try and try again. That where I am at with it. Wish me luck and luck to you guys too.

Congrats to all that have quit, I quit when I was 39 and had a heart attack, decided it was not a good Idea to smoke. I still lite up a cigar here and there about 4 a year.

Congrats too all those who quit, and good luck to those trying.

Smoking is a terrible habit that I've had the fortune of not being trapped in. I've lived around smokers all my life which is what kept me from starting. Its dirty, nasty, expensive, and the list goes on.

My previous supervisor at work retired in August in fairly good health considering he'd smoked all his life. He died a couple weeks ago unexpectedly. He was about 60, and his death was most certainly a result of smoking all his life.

If you can, kick the habit now before its too late.

Three years this week and don't miss it a bit. The wife quit over seven years ago both cold turkey. Life smells alot better now.Congrats to everyone who has quit very hard to do.

I quit 25 years ago when they took out 1/3 of my intestines on my Honeymoon. I was a pack a day smoker and it was a tough road but am so happy I did quit

Congrats on quitting, not an easy thing to do by any means.
And yeah that Chantix stuff does give ya some really wicked dreams.
I took it and quit for almost 2 months then got stuck carpooling with a chain smoker and now I'm back to a pack and a half a day.
Tried the Chantix again and it doesn't seem to work the second go round.

Great Job everyone!!

My last cig was April last year at the talladega race track. Following Mon I quit. Have not picked one up since. I did use the chantix pill, and I had no dreams etc.. just an upset tummy right after I took it. but that soon went away. Guess im the exception to the rule on that one.

Think it all boils down to is that you HAVE TO WANT to QUIT. No matter what u do or meds you take, you have to WANT to quit. Price per pack was my motivation and damn if I didn't stop. Yahoo lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky