Breakfast Toast Recipe?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Saturday my only day I eat breakfast and sometimes Sundays. I like fried eggs with meat and toast. I normally do rye or pumpernickel but need a break. I tried a few store breads but not find a good one. Not really up to making sourdough. Anyone have a regular bread recipe to make a great breakfast toast?

Reactions: DieselTech
I've been using sourdough , and it's hard to beat , but I had some at a breakfast place a while back . It was just plain white sandwich bread . Like said above " Wonder bread like "
It was fantastic . I think they toasted it under the broiler or with a torch . Had a roasted flavor or something .
It was really good .

Reactions: JLeonard
Sorry, no recipe... per se. But I make open face sammies.
vhLDacA.jpg

This is some pork loin
5ypjvMC.jpg

• Love
I made some English muffin bread once that was really good than the next time not so much. Maybe I will give it another shot.

So I just made this. Think it will work. The recipe can be found searching "My Mother’s Peasant Bread: The Best Easiest Bread You Will Ever Make". One hour to rise, 30 minutes in loaf pan and 30 minutes to bake. I did 3/4 recipe to fit my loaf.

Pretty tasty first slice. Think it going to toast up nicely.

IMG_20240502_103837329.jpg IMG_20240502_103828000.jpg

IMG_20240502_103911024.jpg

Haven't made them since I had to give up gluten, but nothing says breakfast like some good home made bagels. They are pretty easy to make, just a little time consuming. The English muffin bread is good, too. My sister used to make it all the time and it never lasted long.

So I just made this. Think it will work. The recipe can be found searching "My Mother’s Peasant Bread: The Best Easiest Bread You Will Ever Make". One hour to rise, 30 minutes in loaf pan and 30 minutes to bake. I did 3/4 recipe to fit my loaf.

Pretty tasty first slice. Think it going to toast up nicely.

View attachment 695939View attachment 695940

View attachment 695938

This was exactly what I was looking for! Decided to make a french ham cheese omelet for dinner last night and this bread made the very best toast! I going to have a hard time making my sourdough now. Sadly my picture did not turn out but I highly suggest making this bread. Very easy and fast. Just watch her video to see the texture of the dough you looking for, I had to add a little more water, and don't wait to long on the first raise. Some people where having trouble getting a good second raise and I think they waited to long on the first. One hour was perfect for me and 30 minutes on the second.

Chef Jean-Pierre taught me how to make a great omelet.

That's a great looking loaf Brian, you nailed it! Do you have a bread machine? I've had one for years and they'll turn out just about any kind of loaf imaginable, a recipe book helps. RAY

Looks perfect Brian! Just can't beat fresh bread, and the aroma that goes with it!

Ryan

Went to a crawfish boil for lunch than stopped by a friends shop and couple other friends stopped by. Been a good day. Skipped breakfast so be hungry for crawfish so decided to have breakfast for dinner. This bread makes a great toast. It's like sour dough that its hard to get browned. I would like to challenge someone to make this bread and see what they think? This loaf will last me a few more weeks so be a while before make another.

IMG_20240511_181101722.jpg IMG_20240511_181239602.jpg

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky