No BBQ For Me For Awhile

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

papad

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
Council Bluffs Ia.
At the time of this photo, they were predicting another 8 or 9 hours and 6 to 8 inches more snow before the storm moves out of the area. I had to force my dogs to go out (they absolutely hate the snow). The wind is supposed to pick up pretty good in the morning and start the blowing and drifting. I'm going to have to shovel a path to the garage so I can get the snowblower out.

COME ON SPRING TIME!

I don't get it... what's the problem?
rolleyes.gif

Yeah my brother just flew out of there. Sent me pics all day, looked brutal.

I hear ya man, I have had chickens sittin in the fridge for 3 days ready to smoke.
Although we get didn't the amounts you did (only 4-5" here) it is about 10 degrees right now.
I'll wait a couple days!
icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL. Hey Papad, im North of you, up here in Minnesota. Wow, you did get a bunch of snow. Only about 5 inches here so far but another 5-8 thru out the night. Then the bonus, 40mph winds. Oh how I love Winter
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Cowboy up, brush that snow off them smokers and get to it.....
icon_mrgreen.gif

Prepin a venison pastrami as we speak, will smoke this Sunday.
But look on the bright side, only 3-4 more months of this.
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Heh, guess I'm lucky right now to live in Jersey.
The other night we got a dusting, maybe half an inch.
Big storm coming tonight which is probably what a lot of you got for snow but here it will be only rain.
I guess it's a good thing Al Gore invented global warming, and the internet
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

That is probably the saddest thing ever! I am supposed to get snow tonight through the morning... I set my equipment up on the edge of the garage for tomorrow or thursday... I am not messing around this winter...

Oh the weather outside is frightful.....
And the snow is so delightful.....
If you got no place to go.....
Let it smoke, Let it smoke, Let it smoke!!!!!

I know, I know.....Now I get this, right..... LOL
icon_mrgreen.gif

Right across the river in Omaha. Snowing like crazy here. Will be interesting to see just how much more white stuff we wake up to in the morning.
914a1ade_vbattach23295.jpg

Fer sure! Just think how cold it would be if it wasn't for global warming. The internet doesn't seem to do much to warm things up though.

I am so flippin' jealous!!! I am WANTING snow, and cant get it. It sucks. However, i was able to smoke today even with the temp this morning at -4

Hey papad, I am just north of ya, Sioux City, Ia, We are getting hammered right now, Blizzard conditions and will not stop until noon Wednesday.Might get 9-11in. by 7am. Wed.

If I cant get to work I can work on the smoker and see how it does in the winter.

I want to see how the insulated does in the cold.

I already measured 10 in the backyard where the snow hasn't drifted. Could be looking at close to 15 if we get all they say we will.

You know its weird, people say to me when they learn Im from Minnesota, "how do you guys deal with all that snow up there?" Truth is, for some reason, you guys down in Iowa always seem to get more. My kids are just giddy as they hope we get a boat load of the white stuff so they can go snow boarding. I can't wait till they are older and have to deal with dead car batteries, car stuck in the snow, shoveling the driveway, all the things their old man does that they take for granted. Oh yes, that is when I will have my revenge on them LOL LOL LOL

This is the most snow I've seen in 3 years. I was begining to think about selling my snowblower. In the last two years, I've only used it three times and one of those times was just to give it something to do for a while.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky