New Year's Eve smoked prime rib

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

young j

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 20, 2017
Miami Dade County
For NYE I smoked a prime rib roast for the first time and I decided I'd pay extra to get the prime quality meat.

I prepped it using a little kitchen bouquet to help give a nice crust, some olive oil along with some Montreal steak seasoning and let it sit overnight.
I Smoked it for 4 hours @225 until it hit 117 internal temp. Since it was done way too early I pulled it early so it could rest and be reheated and still end up being medium rare.
It came out perfect! Couldn't have asked for a better result. I also had some homemade horseradish sauce, and aju to go with the prime rib. Did some wings as an appetizer that I'll attach with my other pics.
IMG_2374.JPG
IMG_2375.JPG

IMG_2379.JPG
IMG_2381.JPG
IMG_2384.JPG
Sorry if I made you hungry lol

Your PR looks fantastic & the wings ain't too shabby either!
I bet it was a delicious meal!
Congrats on making the carousel!
Al

For NYE I smoked a prime rib roast for the first time and I decided I'd pay extra to get the prime quality meat.

I prepped it using a little kitchen bouquet to help give a nice crust, some olive oil along with some Montreal steak seasoning and let it sit overnight.
I Smoked it for 4 hours @225 until it hit 117 internal temp. Since it was done way too early I pulled it early so it could rest and be reheated and still end up being medium rare.
It came out perfect! Couldn't have asked for a better result. I also had some homemade horseradish sauce, and aju to go with the prime rib. Did some wings as an appetizer that I'll attach with my other pics.
View attachment 349180
View attachment 349181

View attachment 349182 View attachment 349183 View attachment 349184Sorry if I made you hungry lol

What is your horseradish recipe?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky