New Years Day Prime Rib...Dry Aged

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks-Great.gif
Outstanding!

I see why you post on most of the PrimeRib posts as that looks ABSOLUTLEY awesome!!!! I will try the oven thing next time as I love the color. My 8lb'er took 4 hours and it was great!!!! Enjoy

-Looks so good.   I am going to have to try dry aging.  At this rate I am going to have to get another frig just for all the brining and curing and marniating and whatever else we all can figure out to do to meat before we smoke it.

Last edited:
Thanks Chef, now I have to go have a 2nd supper..cause my mouth is dripping.

So when you age it yourself you just wrap (double wrap?) in cheese cloth unsealed in your fridge? I've never tried this yet but have seen it on a few food network shows.

Thanks Chef, now I have to go have a 2nd supper..cause my mouth is dripping.

So when you age it yourself you just wrap (double wrap?) in cheese cloth unsealed in your fridge? I've never tried this yet but have seen it on a few food network shows.
It was double wrapped and in an open plastic Fish Tub (free from the Fish guy, they throw them out), like I said this one already had some age on it but a Roast from the Grocery store will put out more moisture in the first two days and the cloth should be changed...JJ

Thanks again for the Great Responses and Kind works...JJ

Almost missed this one but glad I didn't. Everything looks great Chef, I haven't had Yorkshire pudding in a very long time. Guess that's going on the to-do list.

drool.gif

Does the fact that it was aged do anything with it raising more in temp after the cook? Sorry, im looking around at some dry age threads. .. just taking notes! Im intrigued with the simple process. Never even tried aged beef I dont think. . ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky