New to Rotisserie Chicken. . . Success ! Pictures as Proof!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Hi Guys,

Even though I have done many turkeys and chickens in my smokers I have never done one on my Broilmaster Propane Grill with a rotisserie.

• I fabricated a rotisserie for my grill and plan on roasting a 5.40 lb roaster chicken tomorrow for dinner. The problem is that I have never used a rotisserie on a propane grill. Sooooo can anyone give me an idea as to how long it will take for this chicken to reach 165˚. A ball park estimation is all I need.

I am setting the burners on the low setting with a drip pan under the chicken so it will probably hit around 350˚

Thanks,

John

Last edited:
Probably about 15-20 minutes per pound.
Al

Thank you Al. . . . Out of the 91+ people who viewed my request you are the only one who responded.

According to your suggestion (20 min./lb.) it should take roughly 1.8 hours. I will check the Internal temperature around 1.5 hours and go from there.

Pictures of the experiment to follow!

Thanks again Al, I appreciate it,

John

Last edited:
Brined with Chef JimmyJ's brine. After resting in the refrigerator to firm up the skin. . . . On to the rotisserie!

IMG_0166.jpg

An hour and forty five minutes @ 350˚ and voila!

IMG_0168.jpg

No plate images but trust me when I say it was magnificent!

Thanks SmokinAl,

John

Last edited:
Reactions: tropics
Chicken looks great! I might have to rig one of those up for my broil king propane.

And those Javelin thermometers are great aren't they! I have a Javelin Pro I bought open box off amazon for $26. Not bad when they are $50 new. Fastest and most accurate thing I have ever owned as far as instant reads go!

Chicken looks great! I might have to rig one of those up for my broil king propane.

And those Javelin thermometers are great aren't they! I have a Javelin Pro I bought open box off amazon for $26. Not bad when they are $50 new. Fastest and most accurate thing I have ever owned as far as instant reads go!

Thanks. . . . .Yep, that's a great thermometer for the price. I am thinking of getting a couple Thermo Pops as well.

John That bird looks god,I like that skewer to hold the wings. LIKES
Richie

John That bird looks god,I like that skewer to hold the wings. LIKES
Richie

Thanks,

When I skewered the wings against the body of the bird they also kept the legs from flopping around because the legs were wedged between the body and the wings. Pretty cool discovery on my part!

John

Beautiful chicken. I got one from Sams last night. For $4.98 it’s hard to beat but I bet yours was better!

Yea, I know,

Always seems to amaze how a cooked rotisserie chicken at the grocery store deli or a comparable deli can be so much less in price than doing one yourself.

And yes, mine was better. . . .Thanks!

John

Hi Guys,

Even though I have done many turkeys and chickens in my smokers I have never done one on my Broilmaster Propane Grill with a rotisserie.

• I fabricated a rotisserie for my grill and plan on roasting a 5.40 lb roaster chicken tomorrow for dinner. The problem is that I have never used a rotisserie on a propane grill. Sooooo can anyone give me an idea as to how long it will take for this chicken to reach 165˚. A ball park estimation is all I need.

I am setting the burners on the low setting with a drip pan under the chicken so it will probably hit around 350˚

Thanks,

John

Sorry John, I didn't see this earlier. :oops::(
I love to do rotisserie stuff on my BBQ Grill. In fact, I've had a whole chicken rotisserie style on the brain lately.
I'm new to using a thermometer for gauging. I just do low and slow till it's golden and juicy.
My last grill had an infrared burner for rotisserie. That was really a nice feature.
Time wise, I believe 1-2 hours has been the norm for me. Or 2-3 beers.... I tend to drink slowly. :p
Rotisserie is close to set it, and forget it for me. It self bastes. Yummie! :rolleyes:

Lots more here to devour.

You might like to get a ball of Butchers twine to tie your next one up with. ;)

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky