new to pellet grilling/smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mercedes

Original poster
Jun 21, 2017
Howdy,

I'm new to this forum and new to pellet grilling and smoking.  I just bought a Traeger pellet grill and I have read most of what came in the box, but one of the items that I wonder about is this:  when reading about the grill it tells that I can use different pellets for different tastes;  such as hickory, apple, oak pellets.. Question: if I fill the hopper with, let's say hickory pellets for steaks, and I want to change Apple pellets for fish; and the hopper is filled with hickory; how do I change the pellets in mid stream..?
pot.gif

Welcome to the Forum fellow Traeger user.  Just clean out the pellets when done smoking with one type of pellet and add the other type.  There will be some pellets left in the auger but they will quickly be used.   

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky