Time to get back to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sumosmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 29, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, FL
After a long hiatus from the smoked meat hobby, and this group, I'm happy to return to SMF with a new rig - Trager 575 Pro Pellet Grill. I learned on a charcoal Brinkman ECB and graduated to a Lang-48, 14 years ago. Life took me in different directions which strayed from my beloved hobby of smoking meats, but am glad to be "home" to resume the hobby with my new rig, and reconnect with old friends.

Last edited:
Yeah you have been gone for while. Last I seen you was at Jerry's
Yes, Jerry's (pineywoods) EPIC N. Florida gatherings started with just 3 people and I'm fortunate to say I was one of them! I read there was a gathering in 2023 with a great turnout so happy to see they're still happening.

Holy Hell. It can't be. I thought you fell off the earth. LOL.

Welcome back. So glad to have you back. Can't wait to see what you produce on that new toy of yours.

BTW I moved to FL.

Yes, Jerry's (pineywoods) EPIC N. Florida gatherings started with just 3 people and I'm fortunate to say I was one of them! I read there was a gathering in 2023 with a great turnout so happy to see they're still happening.
Yeah

We dont live down that way anymore. Been wanting to get one going here in KY.

Reactions: sumosmoke
Holy Hell. It can't be. I thought you fell off the earth. LOL.

Welcome back. So glad to have you back. Can't wait to see what you produce on that new toy of yours.

BTW I moved to FL.
BRIAN!!! How the hell are you, friend?? The husband missed me smoking all the goodness I learned from this site and figured it would be best to buy me a new toy to reignite the hobby. I'm definitely glad to be "home" and appreciate the warm welcome back to the group!

Where in FL are ya? Glad you're on the east coast, now!!

After a long hiatus from the smoked meat hobby, and this group, I'm happy to return to SMF with a new rig - Trager 575 Pro Pellet Grill. I learned on a charcoal Brinkman ECB and graduated to a Lang-48, 10 years ago. Life took me in different directions which strayed from my beloved hobby of smoking meats, but am glad to be "home" to resume the hobby with my new rig, and reconnect with old friends.

sumosmoke - now hear's a blast from the past! Like so many of the Old Guard, I forget the last time I recall seeing one of your posts. Welcome Back!!

Looking forward to seeing you break in that new rig!

Red

And Joels smoked Mac and cheese....And all the mudbugs.
All the food, and the people at those gatherings were TOP NOTCH, along with Jerry and Karen's hospitality. The mudbugs and the gumbo eman (Bob) contributed to one of the evening meals is cemented in memory, and I am sad he's gone.

sumosmoke - now hear's a blast from the past! Like so many of the Old Guard, I forget the last time I recall seeing one of your posts. Welcome Back!!

Looking forward to seeing you break in that new rig!

Red
Haha!! Thanks for the welcome, Red! Yeah, it's been about a decade too long since my last "food" post so need to remedy that as soon as I get this rig up and running!!

All the food, and the people at those gatherings were TOP NOTCH, along with Jerry and Karen's hospitality. The mudbugs and the gumbo eman (Bob) contributed to one of the evening meals is cemented in memory, and I am sad he's gone.
Bobs wife made me a whole bag of chocolate covered potato chips....soooo good.
I didnt move too far from the bug table...ha

Reactions: sumosmoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky