New Smoker Day!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

K9BIGDOG

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 7, 2017
New York
My new Camp Chef XXL arrived today, a couple weeks sooner than I expected! I had ordered it from Amazon and I think they fulfilled it through OutdoorCooking.com. Got a deal including the cover. Amazon gave it an estimated delivery date of around May 28 so I was pretty surprised when UPS rang the doorbell at 9:30 this morning.
Assembly wasn't that bad, only took me a couple hours working alone. Only issue was the little pellet rake was broken in the package. I called Camp Chef this afternoon and a replacement is on the way. I also ordered an extra rack. The rep. from Camp Chef was a little surprised that I got this smoker, she said they weren't shipping them. I don't know if that means they are backordered/out of stock, or if they are discontinued. Did the burn in this afternoon, a good 45 minutes at 300F, then gave it a seasoning burn on the low smoke setting for another half hour. I'm thinking ribs this weekend! Not a bad Father's Day gift!
96769445_10214454527591722_2728641591286693888_n.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky