Anyone tried smoking meat at 275-300 F. on one side of a pellet grill while trying to finish sear meat on grill grates on the other side?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BillinStL

Original poster
Dec 3, 2018
I have a Camp Chef 24" Woodwind Pellet Smoker and was wondering if I could set the heat around 275-300 F. to smoke on the regular grates on the left side of the smoker to smoke some side items while at the same time using a couple of panels of grill grates on the right side (which should increase the temperature of those by roughly 200 degrees and maybe to be hot enough to sear OK. The question is will the smoking side on the left stay down in the 275-300 range or start inching up. Anyone ever tried this or have thoughts?

Reactions: JLeonard
I have a Camp Chef 24" Woodwind Pellet Smoker and was wondering if I could set the heat around 275-300 F. to smoke on the regular grates on the left side of the smoker to smoke some side items while at the same time using a couple of panels of grill grates on the right side (which should increase the temperature of those by roughly 200 degrees and maybe to be hot enough to sear OK. The question is will the smoking side on the left stay down in the 275-300 range or start inching up. Anyone ever tried this or have thoughts?
I really don’t know, but I do know I can do this exact thing on my Yoder 640 because I can open the door on my heat diffuser and direct sear over the fire pot and cook or hold meats on the opposite side of the grill grate. Not helpful to you but yes it can be done With the right grill set up

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky