New novice from SF Bay Area

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

reformedvegan

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 28, 2019
SF Bay Area, CA
Greetings,

I registered here mainly to get advice about a planned pellet smoker/grill purchase, but here is a bit about me...

From the Midwest, now living in California. I was a vegan/vegetarian for 11 yeas in my youth. I still like to keep a balanced diet, which means that meat isn't always at the center (and is often left off the plate entirely). Though when meat is featured in our meals (especially when entertaining), I want it to be a really well-prepared special treat. My SO is mostly vegetarian, and though I am a novice, she likes the meats I have prepared for her, and has encouraged me to do more. She has been impressed with brisket, pork chops and sirloin steaks that I have made recently. Now that we have moved in together, I can see that I will be primarily responsible for the preparation of meats in our household.

Right now, I am primarily interested in Santa Maria style "barbecue", Texas barbecue, North Carolina style barbecue, and possibly learning to make my own sausages. We are both, my SO and I, interested in high-heat cooking also, such as burgers and steaks.

I am going to go start another thread in the Pellet Smoker forum, seeking advice on my planned purchase. More details will be there, and I would really appreciate you checking that out and providing me some advice there, if it is your area of expertise. Thanks!

~ Jon

Reactions: JC in GB
welcome from Wisconsin. :emoji_cat:

I am sure you will get good advice on what kind of rig to get.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky