New Member smoker build and introductio.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

andrewpalmer71

Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
Hello gang, I have lurked around the forum for a while, but have yet to introduce myself. I am a Georgia boy, love smoking meat and building smokers. Check out the pictures below of my mates in progress build.

Attachments

• 20180121_082326.jpg
    20180121_082326.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 87
Another pic of warming box and firebox

Attachments

• 20180113_164423.jpg
    20180113_164423.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 20180203_161453.jpg
    20180203_161453.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 82
Welcome to the site Andrew. Looks like a good start on the smoker build.

How many hours you figure it will take to complete the build?

IMG_0244.JPG
IMG_0256.JPG
IMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0244.JPG IMG_0256.JPG IMG_0222.JPG Thought I would post these pics of my smoker that I'm building, it's designed as a cold smoker for fish at this point, please comment if you like. Hope to have a test run in the next couple weeks. Cheers.

Welcome aboard!
That's a fantastic looking smoker.
Looking forward to seeing it in action!
I moved this to the smokehouse section, it's a beautiful smokehouse!
Al

Welcome to the site Andrew. Looks like a good start on the smoker build.

How many hours you figure it will take to complete the build?

Thanks One Eyed Jack!
I have already put countless hours into this thing, and I anticipate it may take another 10-15 hours to complete all the little stuff. It is definitely a laborious task, but we'll worth it!

Welcome aboard!
Al

Thanks SmokinAl!

I'm not actually building the smokehouse. Another member posted the smokehouse pics. I am building an offset reverse flow w/ warming cabinet. The first two pics in this thread.

Welcome aboard!
Al
Thanks very much , I'm also quite interested in seeing how it will perform, I have being smoking for years , and thought I would finally build my own. Have way to many hours in it , but should be worth it. Milled the cedar from my property, have not bought any lumber and all the wall panels are splined and glued , no nails , similar to a panaboat construction style. Hope it all works thanks for your comments, Mike Lauener , North Saanich B.C. (Vancouver island)

Thanks One Eyed Jack!
I have already put countless hours into this thing, and I anticipate it may take another 10-15 hours to complete all the little stuff. It is definitely a laborious task, but we'll worth it!

The build definitely looks involved. Looking forward to your updates.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky