New help picking my new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oconeeal

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Georgia
I need help picking out my new smoker as I am doing more for our church and fund raising.  I use the one I have which is a Char-Griller 6719 Series Kamado Charcoal Grill and can cook 35lb of Boston Butts at a time.  I also have learned to adjust the heat to stay at 225 to 250 for 16 to 18 hours without having to add any more wood.  During the year I will be cooking for small groups, 10 to 12 people and then a couple times a year will be cooking for 75 to 150 people.  I have been looking at the Brinkmann Trailmaster Limited Charcoal Smoker and Grill  

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Brinkman...rill-855-6305-S/202252980#product_description.

Two of the big keys I am looking for in a new smoker is more cooking area and being able to hold a temp for a longer time.  I do not want to have to get up every couple hours during the night to adjust.  I know any smoker I may have to do a few modifications.  I would be looking to spend $500.00 to $1000.00.  I have a gas grill which I use for other times.

I would prefer not to be using a pelet grill as I like using the chunk wood or chunk charcoal. 

A second option I could just go and buy a second Kamado and use 2 at a time.  

Hello.  I chose option 2.  Just makes sense.  Why fire up a monster each time you want to cook a meal?  Use the 1 as normal and for the odd occasion fire up the number 2.  Just my 2 cents.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Reactions: marauder
Either option would be okay, but you probably would have to modify the Brinkmann, so option two makes more sense. Use one most of the time and when cooking for a crowd, fire them both up. Unless you just plain want a large smoker with an offset firebox. In that case, tell everybody to go to hell and get the Binkmann.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky