New guy, from England

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It just says Brinkman Gourmet charcoal smoker on it, no vents on top but there is a side door that could possibly be used to regulate heat? I've ordered a dual probe thermometer too

You can spend a few bucks to modify that one if you have the patience and a drill[emoji]129299[/emoji] You can find a bunch of peoples modifications in here that have done the kind you have. It's not very technical but you have to round up a few things .

Last edited:
This guy named Gary s has some threads showing his mods with your smoker.. as well as some of the UK users.. for the most part they include adding air holes to the base that you can open or close. Adding a grate in the charcoal pan for your ashes to fall free of the coals. Adding a vent on top and a seal around the lid that prevents heat from escaping there..

Your in the UK so maybe the group there can recommend the stores and parts they used . [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:
I used sealant for high temperatures to put on a rope gasket used for a woodstove . It's 1/2 inch diameter.. not sure millimeters.. then you see I added a vent on top. You can add one or 2. I also put in a piece of threaded pipe with nuts on both sides to allow my temperature probes for the cooking grate and meat to go through. I use a dual probe digital thermometer..

Thanks for that, I'm just a bit overwhelmed at the moment with mods and how/where to get the equipment!! I've bought a dual probe and have managed to keep the smoker quite stable at 225 degrees without any mods, I just open the side door slightly

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky