New Californian Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Lisa S

Original poster
Dec 5, 2018
Hi everyone! Just received my new Traeger grill and am eager to get smokin! My husband and I live just east of Sacramento. Although I love to cook indoors and outdoors on my Blackstone, smoking and grilling has always intimidated me, but starting today I am eager to get over my fear! Getting ready to get the maiden voyage going and will be starting off with some boneless skinless chicken breasts I have in the fridge. Fingers crossed they come out okay!

Reactions: jcam222 and SonnyE
Hi Lisa.
Welcome to
small-logo.png

Chicken is a great way to start and try out your new Treager.

Welcome from Middle TN. I would recommend starting off with a high heat first run to burn off any oils from the factory.

Reactions: Lisa S
Welcome to SMF. Im about a hour north of Sacramento. Pork butt or chicken are both forgiving and easy to do.

Again Welcome

Brian

Reactions: Lisa S
Welcome to SMF Lisa!
Good luck with the breasts, since they are skinless you may want to wrap them in bacon to keep them moist.
Al

Lisa, welcome to SMF from Roseville! Glad you're here and adding to the Sac area smokers. What you make will be better than anything you can get in the restaurants around here.

Enjoy the new backyard toy and put that baby to work!

Ray

Welcome to the site. Glad to have ya.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky