New BBQ and smoking tool/toy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Last edited:
Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
I have been using a creme brulee torch forever to start my BBQ and it does pretty well to get charcoal started it is a bit more difficult if I am only using wood. I don't like using lighter fluid on my cooks. Watching videos of the pros using the giant offset smokers they were using pretty expensive grill guns to get their wood going. I was poking around Amazon and found an inexpensive one that uses a camping propane tank. I have a few of those tanks in the garage.

The two together.

View attachment 670281

I waited for it to get dark so I could get a picture of the flames. Each one is at half way of power.

View attachment 670282

This one should make lighting wood much easier. Great for a camp fire as well. Or killing zombies.

View attachment 670283
mine showed up today. not allowed to play with it in the house anymore

mine showed up today. not allowed to play with it in the house anymore
IMG_1350.jpeg

Yeah, yeah. Mines arriving tomorrow. Used excuse that I'll need it at a cabin we're renting in November in VA to light the fire ring!

Steve you will find out once you get it that it is the most fun of a toy you can own that is also a useful tool. My parents were over last weekend and I was cooking up something great. My 75 Year old dad noticed it sitting on the ground and asked about it. I gave him a demonstration of how powerful it was and his eyes lit up. The roar of it at full blast is amazing. This is definitely worth buying.

Steve you will find out once you get it that it is the most fun of a toy you can own that is also a useful tool. My parents were over last weekend and I was cooking up something great. My 75 Year old dad noticed it sitting on the ground and asked about it. I gave him a demonstration of how powerful it was and his eyes lit up. The roar of it at full blast is amazing. This is definitely worth buying.
I'll probably go through a couple of tanks of propane this weekend I'm thinking!!

I have been using a creme brulee torch forever to start my BBQ and it does pretty well to get charcoal started it is a bit more difficult if I am only using wood. I don't like using lighter fluid on my cooks. Watching videos of the pros using the giant offset smokers they were using pretty expensive grill guns to get their wood going. I was poking around Amazon and found an inexpensive one that uses a camping propane tank. I have a few of those tanks in the garage.

The two together.

View attachment 670281

I waited for it to get dark so I could get a picture of the flames. Each one is at half way of power.

View attachment 670282

This one should make lighting wood much easier. Great for a camp fire as well. Or killing zombies.

View attachment 670283
The plastic end of the unit next to the barrrel melted on mine.

• Wow
Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Now that I have a couple of refillable 1lb propane tanks, I need to get one of these. If for no other reason just to scare the $hit out of the neighbor's annoying dog, and I must say it just looks freaking cool.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky