New BBQ and smoking tool/toy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I have been using a creme brulee torch forever to start my BBQ and it does pretty well to get charcoal started it is a bit more difficult if I am only using wood. I don't like using lighter fluid on my cooks. Watching videos of the pros using the giant offset smokers they were using pretty expensive grill guns to get their wood going. I was poking around Amazon and found an inexpensive one that uses a camping propane tank. I have a few of those tanks in the garage.

The two together.

sondiko_001.jpg

I waited for it to get dark so I could get a picture of the flames. Each one is at half way of power.

sondiko_002.jpg

This one should make lighting wood much easier. Great for a camp fire as well. Or killing zombies.

sondiko_003.jpg

How much was it on Monday? It's $33 right now with the Prime Day deal.

I have been using a creme brulee torch forever to start my BBQ and it does pretty well to get charcoal started it is a bit more difficult if I am only using wood. I don't like using lighter fluid on my cooks. Watching videos of the pros using the giant offset smokers they were using pretty expensive grill guns to get their wood going. I was poking around Amazon and found an inexpensive one that uses a camping propane tank. I have a few of those tanks in the garage.

The two together.

View attachment 670281

I waited for it to get dark so I could get a picture of the flames. Each one is at half way of power.

View attachment 670282

This one should make lighting wood much easier. Great for a camp fire as well. Or killing zombies.

View attachment 670283
A month later, does it still function properly? Iwas looking but don't trust Asian crap on Amazon

Reactions: 02ebz06
Thanks for the post Chris, Santa will bring me one for Xmas. I used to use a weed torch for my offset and searing steaks, thing would sound like a jet taking off. RAY

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Saw some Amazon videos. This is nothing like the pipe-soldering torch I've been using. Bought the $20 version...seemed to have more bronze/brass parts to trust and periodically inspect.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky