My new gear

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeydez

Original poster
May 10, 2012
Smokey Southern California
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share a few pics of my new gear. :yahoo:

1695c785_grill_smoker_r.jpg

22.5" Weber Performer grill & WSM

2d9c5a6e_grill.jpg

Performer & Maverick ET-732

0cabab15_grill_rot.jpg

Performer w/ rotisserie

6abe60f2_smoker.jpg

Weber Smokey Mountain

6a13c143_smoker_rot.jpg

WSM w/ rotisserie

dd74a768_smoker_mod.jpg

The only mods I've made was to add another grate to the charcoal ring at the base of the WSM rotated 90* and connect all three pieces with angle brackets. I then added handles to make it easier to get in and out of the lower bowl.

I also added the grommet holes for routing the Maverick probes into both the Performer and WSM. I'm off to whip up some BBQ sauce and rub for tomorrow when I take my first stab at smoking baby back ribs and mac & cheese.

Happy Memorial Day! :grilling_smilie:

-Dez

Last edited:
Dez, evening....  Sure is shiny..... can't wait to see it all smokey and stuff like that.....  take q-views of the inaugural smoke....  Dave

A tear of joy just slid down my face!

Man that is a whole bunch of shiney goodness right there, you my friend are a lucky man!

Those new toys are going to give you a lot of joy. Can't wait to see some qview 

Well, happy days are coming for sure!  Great looking equipment.

Good luck ith everything! Looking forward to Q-view.

Happy Memorial day!

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am really lovin' this new hobby! Just wanted to update as...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoCjhnhHk7E

We have smoke!!! :yahoo:

Inside is a meatloaf, macaroni & cheese, and some Italian sausages. Decided to do the ribs tomorrow as I got a late start and did not get it on until about 5:30pm. Looks like it's going to be a nice midnight feast! LoL

-Dez

Last edited:
Here is some obligatory Qorn.

LL

Mac & Cheese prep'd and ready to smoke.

LL

Meatloaf prep'd and ready to smoke.

LL

Group shot while the smoker comes up to temperature.

LL

All loaded up on the grill.

LL

Some Italian Sausage joins the party.

LL

Mac & Cheese is ready!

LL

Sausage is ready! You will note two sausages are missing from the final product. Well, they got away as a part of the "three second rule".
:sausage:

LL

Meatloaf smokin' away.

LL

Like Cheech & Chong, "Still smokin'"

LL

Finishing up into the evening.

LL

Meatloaf is ready!

LL

All plated up!

No offense to the elementary school cafeteria ladies, but that was some of the best meatloaf I've ever tasted! WOW Was that good!!! The sauce on top was Jeff's recipe from here on the forums. Perfect amount of kick and tang to the meatloaf. The mac was a little salty, but that is easily adjusted the next time. I think I added a little too much salt in the water when boiling the pasta. Chalk one up and learn for the future is what this hobby is all about!

-Dez

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky