My First Smoker, YES!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
welcome to our world , and may the smoking Gods smile apon you :-)
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I knew I should have documented the process with photos but it's never too late,.. as Mr. Richtree mentioned maybe I should start a new thread don't wish to upset TMw611 on this thread,.. the mod was very simply and took no time at all, with only a couple of items purchased from HD or Lowe's,...

fireguy,... " Holy crap.. I just started using my chargriller a weeek ago and love it... Rick, that vert mod looks swweeeeetttt.. where did you get it???? I diddnt even know that was a option.."

The vertical smoker attached to my Char-Griller brand horizontal smoker/grill with sfb is an old Brinkmann my neighbor gave me as he was moving out,... I removed the legs, built supports on my Char-Griller horizontal offset , bolted it into place, cut vent holes for the smoke and fabricate a ducting system to deliver the smoke from my Char-Griller horizontal,... O-la,.. Now I can hang sausage, hams, chicken and the such,... How kool is this?,... It works beautifully,.. holds the temp at 165 for sausages forever,... The smoke cools down a bit traveling through the horizontal Char-Griller for the cooler temp while still hitting 200 in the main box,..

I'm sure this could be done with most any old vertical box,... and as advised by Mr. smokeymagoo,... " PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION....YOU ARE TREADING WITH A VERY ADDICTING TOY.....Have a blast man. ",... and I'm treading,...

pork-1.jpg

Last night I smoked a whole pork loin from Costco, about 9 lbs..... I first butterflied it out like unrolling a jelly-roll,.. stuffed it with asparagus, baby red and golden bell peppers, some homemade stuffing then added sheep's milk Feta cheese,.. rolled the loin back up and wrapped it with smoked maple bacon from southern Virginia and tied it up with butchers twine,... Slap Your Mama rub and into the smoker,.....

pork-2.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky