MY FIRST EVER TRI-TIP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Damn Travis you nailed that for your first TT! I wish they were more readily available here too. Excellent job my friend!

You did that tri tip proud. Perfectly cooked.
thanks Jim!! It was fantastic!
Now lets talk about that pea salad......I think I could take a spoon to the
I too am curious about the pea salad though.
I love salads like this with any BBQ or grilled meats...
Here ya go! Easy peasy..(see what I did there😉)

4 cups frozen peas thawed
6 oz sharp cheddar cut into small cubes. ( or shredded if you like)
1/2 red onion small dice
10 strips bacon cooked and chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayo
1TBLS sugar
2 tsp apple cider vinager
Salt and pepper to taste.
Mix it all together and set in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.

Feel free to try another cheese.. Ive used colby Jack,Swiss and even pepper jack..You can sub out the bacon for a a pack of small diced ham for something different or do both the ham and bacon together.
Ive also added some bowtie pasta as well..
That's the cool thing about salads like this.... you can add what sounds good at the time..

Reactions: JLeonard
I had not even heard of TT until I joined this forum - fortunately I have a Restaurant Depot < 1 mile away :) That looks really tasty - me think one getting pulled from the freezer for a weekend smoke!

That looks outstanding - and well-plated as well!

Yeah that's another cool story for SMF. The tri tip looks yummy!

Ok, I too had my eyes start darting to the photo as I read the words "pea salad" :emoji_laughing: Weird! I don't even like peas but I love pea salad. Go figure.

Looks great!

I've never seen them in stores around here before. They suddenly show up and on sale. I might need to snag one on the way home tomorrow.

Super tritip. I have never smoked them from beginning to end without a sear, need to try that. I have 2 untrimmed in the freezer I want to do one brisket style...at some point.

Thanks for the post
Thanks!!.. Smoking the whole time without a sear worked out great..

That's awesome Travis ! You nailed it! And a beautiful plate of food as well. I've only had one tri tip as well. So excited to get and try one and find out how good they are...then turns into wanting to find more!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! I agree... Im on a mission to find some I can order now...

Perfection on a plate Travis, just a gorgeous piece of work! Tritip comes on sale here tomorrow morning, I'll be at the market bright and early. RAY
Thanks RAY! I know i f i was closer id be right there beside you in line for a few!!

Nice work bud ! Great looking plate .

Yup . I've been buying chuck pectoral , and chuck flat . Really good beef flavor .
Thanks!... There are some great cuts to be had from the Chuck roll besides a "Chuck roast".. I need to buy a couple rolls to break down..and stock the freezer!!

Damn Travis you nailed that for your first TT! I wish they were more readily available here too. Excellent job my friend!
Thanks xray!! Now that ive had one I cant figure out why they are not around here... I dont know anyone that wouldnt love this cut!!!

I had not even heard of TT until I joined this forum - fortunately I have a Restaurant Depot < 1 mile away :) That looks really tasty - me think one getting pulled from the freezer for a weekend smoke!

That looks outstanding - and well-plated as well!
Thank you!!.. I wish i had a restaurant depot close to me!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky