My First Baby Backs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlittle7448

Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
I am fairly new to the forum, and want to say first I appreciate everything I have learned, from Thermometers, wood to use, to techniques, etc.  I have smoked chicken a couple of times, a prime rib, a pork butt, and now have BB's on the smoker getting ready to pull and foil them using the 2-2-1 method.  Been smoking meat for about 2 months.

I am using Jeff's rub for some and my own rub for some to see how it goes.  This is my first time to use Jeff's rub, but I have heard so many good things about it I had to try it for myself.  I will keep you updated and if I can figure out how to import pics I will include those as well so you can critique and give advice.

Thanks in advance!!

Ribs look good. You can't go wrong with Jeffs rub. Let us know how you rub compares.

Thanks for the kind words!!!  I got a little carried away with the rub on half of them (good learning experience, go lighter so the pork taste comes thru), but my wife who has never ate a rib liked it, and so did my daughter!!

Thanks for the kind words!!!  I got a little carried away with the rub on half of them (good learning experience, go lighter so the pork taste comes thru), but my wife who has never ate a rib liked it, and so did my daughter!!

Or just mop with 50/50 of Worcestershire, soy.
Jack daniels or bourbon optional

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky