My best pork shoulder ever

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GWIN

Original poster
Oct 13, 2018
Sorry no pics. Here is what I did. Thursday note 9PM heavily seasoned 10 lb shoulder--no binder and put in fridge uncovered. I then mixed 8 oz dr pepper with 3 tbl of Holland seasoning (your favorite as long as it goes through in needle will work fine) and put into fridge. Friday nite 9PM while masterbilt was heating up to 270 I injected dr pepper mix into shoulder. 10PM meat goes on and turn mb down to 135. Started 12" tube with apple pellets and put in mb. Covered with foil at 6AM and 170. Hit 205 at 10AM. Turned off smoker and allowed meat to sit in smoker till 12:30 PM and then wrapped in newspaper and placed in small cooler until 4:00 PM. Pulled perfectly, still very warm and extremely juicy. Most flavorful I've done.

Reactions: zwiller
Wow, it must be great to hear what you said. Although there is no picture, I can imagine how delicious it is based on your description. I hope you can attach a photo next time if possible:emoji_laughing::emoji_blush:

Maybe he should just find a picture of a perfectly smoked porkbutt somewhere on the internet and post that, I hear that happens! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky