Must Do Mods for Materbuilt Electric Bullet Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Tall! I'll await Dave's response before I do anything just for confirmation.

One last thing, I picked up some male connectors as I plan on replacing the factory ones since I've read they oxidize quickly; they are rated up to 257 degrees F, do you think that is good enough or would I be better served ordering some high temperature connectors?

Thanks,
Chris

Sorry to break it to you but you will need female spade connectors for the rollout safety limit switch and the heating element, the male ones you have won't be usable there.
These are the exact female hi temp connectors for the job:

Also you may want to get some extra safety roll out limit switches as they are delicate. While adding/removing the connectors to the rollout limit switch you may likely end up causing the tabs to start to wiggle on the switch. That will lead to resistance, overheating, and the switch melting down... I've melted 3 of them this way before I learned my lesson lol.
Here are ones that SHOULD work as exact replacements so be sure to go with these:

These have a "hood" that seems to be fixed in place. Other less expensive options have a hood that moves which is bad. The fixed hood means you will have a proper fastening to the MES and it will seal propertly.
Also just double check that the diameter is correct before buying since I'm not around an MES to pull a measurement :)

With the hi temp connectors and some replacement limit switches you will have eliminated the most common failure points of the MES (controller, heating element and limit switch connectors) and you will be able to repair your MES and keep it going for a looooong time :)

Where did your pictures go ???? They were an important part of the conversation !!!!
Do we have a new moderator that doesn't know the rules ?????
If it is important to the conversation, and it helps a member get stuff right... It's vital to the ongoing conversation...

Where did your pictures go ???? They were an important part of the conversation !!!!
Do we have a new moderator that doesn't know the rules ?????
If it is important to the conversation, and it helps a member get stuff right... It's vital to the ongoing conversation...

Hmmm I'm not sure what you mean, I've seen pictures the whole time lol. I use a PC and not a mobile device. I wonder if that may be the issue. Are you guys viewing from phones and/or tablets?

Yep it shows up on my screen but I wonder if thats because I posted it.
I actually didn't post pictures. I posted links to Amazon and this forum translates them to "Media" all on it's own. So what you are not seeing is the auto-transformed Amazon Link to Amazon Media Image post that this site makes.

The 1st image is of the Supco t1111 female spade connector and the 2nd link is of the safety rollout limit switches:

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-2_15-15-18.png
    upload_2018-7-2_15-15-18.png
    294.1 KB · Views: 12
Now I can see it... Others can also.....
That last post with the images was simply just a screenshot.
The original images were this websites voodoo transformation of Amazon links into images and such. I believe that is done for ad revenue purposes, hence no one getting screamed at for posting links to Amazon :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky