more pulled pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wanna-be-smoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 13, 2013
VT
I was going to cook this for Sunday but instead we are going to watch the kid college bowling on Sunday. so the butt I was gonna cook on Sunday is in now In the cooker.

It's a 9 pound bone in butt that I seasoned with Smokey roasted garlic and onion rub. It's a local rub that I got awhile ago and have not used much.

It's 13 below zero with the 5 MPH winds and the trusty cooker is purring along. I'm in no hurry and I got lotssss of time and pellets lol.
pb1.jpg pb2.jpg pb3.jpg

12 hours in and she is at 165( cooled off a bit while getting the snack sticks in) so I think she is slowly coming out of the stall. 13 below zero and the cooker purred from 180-240 for 12 hours straight and used less than half a hopper of pellets. Prob 6-7 pounds of pellets.

Attachments

• pb4.jpg
    pb4.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 15
  • pb5.jpg
    pb5.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 15
  • j6.jpg
    j6.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Rings Я Us
-13 degrees!
You are a dedicated smoker!
Or just plain nuts! :eek:
Just kidding, I'm glad to see you guys don't let a little cold weather slow you down!
Al

i had a total knee replacement Dec 19th so ive been stuck in the house and was jonesing to cook lol. But while i was laid up it was 30-48 below and never got above -15 for three weeks straight

im going to pull it and vacuum seal and freeze it in smaller quantities for my mom/niece and also my nephew who is coming in tomorrow from NYC

16 hours in and at 181 and the wind has kicked up to 20 mph and its snowing like hell so i cranked it to 250 to speed up the process. I also ran out of the normal stuff i normally spritz with so i improvised.

I thinned down a little some real maple syrup and added some of the rub i put on in the beginning and just been basting a little here and there
pb6.jpg
pb8.jpg

and its all vacuum sealed and in the freezer. Some is headed to upstate NY some to NYC and some to MS

bp.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky