Mold

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jooo

Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Just bought some beef and bones from a ranch worker. She said beef is aged and so they got mold on them . She said it's fine. Is it ? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG-20200209-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20200209-WA0010.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 63
I wouldn't know if it's any good or not, but it looks disgusting! How's it smell? RAY

Is the outside surface of the meat dry? I get mold sometimes when I dry age meat, but I'm considerate enough to wipe it off with a bit of vinegar :emoji_laughing:

I"ve carved off the whole outside of a ribeye roast recently due to it's off color. After removing the outer layer it looked (and more importantly) smelled fine. It was a good ribeye roast. I think your smeller is the feller for knowing if this is good or not?

I've also chunked more than one chunk of meat from the smell. The nose won't lie.

Thanks for the responses. I trashed them ! And will not buy from that rancher again !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky