Lottery

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
go to work and give my two hour notice .
icon_wink.gif

struggle with what island paradise I am going to move to. My wife has allready been warned I am spending $19,000 on a jambo if that time ever comes so no problems there, the $582,000 44 foot baja might be another story lol.

I'll play. This sounds fun.

I would pay off my debts (mostly college loan), build my father's retirement back up that the bottom dropped out of so he can retire...he deserves it! Buy a brand spankin new $50000+ truck (probably a crew cab duramax), and continue to beat the crap out of my current one without anymore cares about it. Buy parents new rides if they wanted same for my sis and bro in law. Build a nice cabin on our hunting acerage, and buy the neighboring farm to give me 300 acres to play on. Probably add a Polaris Rzr to my garage of toys and trick that baby out.

I would like to think i wouldnt lose my head and go super extravagant on everything...I think i would still enjoy a simple life out in the country. Maybe with a little nicer house, but nothing huge.

Heck, maybe Id even give the girlfriend a few bucks to play with! JK, I'd pay off her house and buy her a ride too!

Seriously Powerball has some huge pots, and i cant see how idiots just blow through the winnings so fast. If you think AT ALL about how you spend (still able to buy pretty much anything you want) your great-grandkids should still be living comfortably off the money!

See all that, and i probably havent even cracked the million $ mark yet!

ETA: Heck, after thinking about it, i would HAVE to give a few friends some big bucks so that they can travel the country following waterfowl seasons for half the year! WOuldnt be any fun without my normal hunting crew. Theres where that new crew cab comes in handy! Oh, its fun to dream.

I'm with you on that,

I would pay everything off, wouldnt go blowing it on everything i laid my hands on, but would buy up some land, and hunt,fish,golf. I would still live in the house i live in now, way out in the country, and just enjoy life, I would still hold down maybe a part time job, maybe.....

I would build a house high on a bluff somewhere near Crawford Texas, hopefully between the properties of George Bush and Ted Nugent. Talk about security! Those two are definitely neighbors I could live with. The wife and I would immediately retire. I would tend my garden, pamper the dogs, and shoot whenever and at whatever I felt like. There would need to be decent fishing nearby. Besides that and getting my son through law school I don't require very much. Maybe an F-250 King Ranch Special with 10 ply tires for tooling around the place.

Almost forgot. A nice copper still to make some very fine corn whiskey. I'll build my own smoker, thank you.

Hire a lawyer and an accountant...so I can get as much of the winnings as I could possible get. Always told the missus, I just want $1,000,000 to do with as I please, the rest can be put in the bank and try to live off the interest!

first of all, I would thank God for blessing me with such a gift.
then I would live a comfortable life where it was warm all year round and share my wealth with the less fortunate. what a dream that would be

Close to me but not quite...

I would hire a 'financial advisor'. Give them 5-10 mil plus to invest for me and ensure that they work for me by the following rule:

You earn 10% of whatever your earn for me. you earn me 1 mil then you get 100k in wages. you earn me 10 mil in a year they you get 1 mil in wages. -> I think this would keep em around and make good decisions.

Then when I'm set here and never have to run out of money again, hook up the patents, family and live day by day doing what I feel like as long as its within reason.

Oh I dream about this weekly....I am all over this.

I only play if the jackpot is over 100 mil, so I would cash out instantly and taht would give me about 50 mil, I would keep 5 mil to play with, and hire an accountant to put the rest in offshored banks that are insured up to 10 mil, normally if you invest more than 5 mil you can get roughly 3% interest if you leave it there for 5 years at a time, and are allowed to remove the interest as it accrues.

So that 5 mil to pay off land debt for both sides of my family, buy me some land and build a new house, pay off siblings housing debts and establish college funds for nieces and nephews. I would also buy some nice cars and build a huge shop. Oh and I would probly build my own cutom smoker that would make a jambo look like a toy! HEE HEE.

Part of that 5 mil would also go to a kickass RV, would load the wife and baby up and spend the first couple years traveling the country and the world, all the while that 45 mil in the banks makes me about 1.35 million a year that goes into the bank account. By the time the kids hit school age we would have to settle down a bit, and we would have about 10 million or so to play with, probably start a company in renewable energy. No I am not a tree hugger that believes in global warming, I just think that getting off oil is not a bad thing, we have to go that way eventually might as well start now. I also would spend a great deal of time hunting all over the world.

Would also look into starting a trade school and scholarship system for it, because I think the current 4 year college system is completely and utterly broken and trade schools are the future.

That about sums it up. Oh and I would drop a 2010 Camaro off at lingenfelters garage with a check for 250k and tell him to make it fast! Then ship it to the nurenburg ring and spend a couple weeks tearing it up.....ya'll wanna come?

This thread is going great, alot of good comments, what i have noticed on this thread compared to the other thread i did like this on another forum, is alot of the bbq'ers on here are saying how much they would help out there family, loved ones, the needy, thats great that there are still people out there that would do that and not even think twice about doing it. And even praising the good lord for such a gift.

Great stories, kept them coming.

I just want enough to buy a house with enough land to raise all the meat i want and a good shooting range, and then open up a brewpub. What else do i need?

i'd build a BBQ joint ,hire some smart folk's to run it and make a profit for me
that way i would always have an income and a place to eat,just in case i became stupid like a lot of lotto winner's and went broke.

Mark

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky