Cookshack

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Stormrider 17

Original poster
Mar 17, 2024
I have an older Cookshack SM150, Serial # AK-5226, MFG. date of 4-27-2010 that I can’t use when the temperatures outside drop below 32 degrees. Called Cookshack and they it wasn’t uncommon but they had no fix for it or schematics to troubleshoot. Has anyone else had this issue and what did you find other then upgrading to a IQ5 which I’m not willing to spend that kind of money on something that should be easily repaired. Thanks

Stormrider 17

Reactions: JLeonard
I have an older Cookshack SM150, Serial # AK-5226, MFG. date of 4-27-2010 that I can’t use when the temperatures outside drop below 32 degrees. Called Cookshack and they it wasn’t uncommon but they had no fix for it or schematics to troubleshoot. Has anyone else had this issue and what did you find other then upgrading to a IQ5 which I’m not willing to spend that kind of money on something that should be easily repaired. Thanks

Stormrider 17
I should have stated that it won’t allow me to adjust temperature or time on the controller and it may not even turn on. Cookshack suggested taking a blow dryer and warm up the circuit board.

Found the thread. Actually just under 2 months ago.

Electronics that won't operate below 32 ABOVE zero? Worthless. I have two Cookshack units, both are 24 years old and have no digital equipment at all. Both have lived outside in Alaska for most of their lives. They still work just fine. I've been thinking of buying a SM066 but am concerned about the robustness of the controller and how much of a PITA it would be to convert it to a very simple analog system. Or go through the fun of rebuilding it with at least automotive spec, if not Mil spec electronics.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky