Looking for Smoked Pork Chop Suggestions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

woodman3

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
Kansas
I'm thinking of trying to smoke bone in chops. Looking for tips on what works and doesn't work. Thank you in advance.

I also do very thick chops but they have to have fat in them to come out the way I want them, there is a UGO nearby that has them all the time. Some times they are better than steak if you hit the flavors just right lol

thick cut chops. cold smoke. I use apple.
I cure with Morton Tenderquick prior to cold smoking.
when smoked, season (pepper, paprika etc.) and sear in a pan.

after searing, place them on a bed of sauerkraut in a baking dish. cover the chops in prepared stuffing. stove top works if in a hurry.

bake at 350 until done.

Reactions: chopsaw and zwiller
Chops are very lean, so I prefer pork steaks for smoking. I season with rub, fire up the smoker and cook to about 180° IT so the fat renders some and they get tender. Kind of like a thin mini butt

A sirloin chop is my favorite butt the amount of fat will determine which I pick if I have a choice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky