Life happening in real time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 28, 2018
Green Bay, WI
Good day all. I haven't been on much lately as life has tossed me a sack of lemons. My mother has been diagnosed with Lewy body dementia and along with my own current challenges, I have had little motivation to do much cooking. I am requesting a medical leave from work and am not sure how much I will be on the forum. I have been trying to keep active and am hopeful things will turn around. Hope to be back in the pit soon.

JC :emoji_cat:

JC, I have very recently been where you are now and maybe still having some lingering effects. I know what you're feeling and know all too well what dementia can do. Keep your chin up and remember it's one day at a time, 1 step at a time and we're all here for you. Prayers up for you and yours...🙏

Wish you and your mom and your family the best wishes! It's a hard thing to go through... but know there are many here willing to help if it only means lending an ear to listen.

Ryan

Reactions: JC in GB
Tough stuff for sure JC re: dementia, having gone through the stages with a very good friend. Yup, it's one day at a time always looking for the few bright sports that might exposed themselves along the way. Keep your chin up and a positive mind. Yeah, not so easy but it's important not only for you in the long run but also for those you care for. Prayers 🙏

Sorry to hear this JC, that is a tough one for you and your mom, and the rest of the family also.
Dad went through it a few years back. It is a very hard time . Like others have said .
One day at a time , and enjoy the good ones .

David

Sorry to hear JC, try and keep your spirits up although I know it's hard, like mentioned if ya need to vent some or just have some ears to talk to smf is full of great people.

Prayers sent, close family members having health issues, I decided to take early retirement in order to help out, last day of full time work is Friday, 2 months before first SS check, gotta stock up the freezer, look out deer and fish.

Man, sorry to hear but unfortunately life has its pearls. Things can turn pretty sour at times. I as all of us at one time or the other have seen our share. All we can do is hang in there and hope for the best. Prayers for you and your family Gods will is what it will be.

Warren

Just wanted to post an update to things.

I was finally able to get in to see a psych doctor. It took me well over a year to get a first appointment.

I was prescribed some meds that seem to be working quite well. I am amazingly surprised.

Thanks to the members of the forum who reached out to me in this time of crisis. This hit me like a ton of bricks and left me reeling. It was of great comfort to know I wasn't alone in this.

I am happy to report that things seem to be turning the correct direction once again.

Thanks,

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky