Let's help each other out......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cant help much from my end of the world, seems like pork goes on sale once a year, and briskets NEVER go on sale. Get great deals on chicken parts and duck tho...go figure.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Hey Teeotee: can't answer for dude, but our Fareway has a good meat counter, prices are a bit high, but they carry some things the big chains won't. One of the few who will still cut meat for you. Although, I'm havin a dickens of a time get em on the phone lately!

Was in the new super wally world in Ames Ia last night. They have vac sealed packer briskets for $1.39.

Nav, i do like our fareway stores. Have 4 within a 30 mile radius.

I like the Fareway meat counter. I buy most of my Baby-backs, spare ribs, porkloins, Whole T-bones & Whole Ribeyes at Fareway. As said earlier it is nice that they will cut it to order for you, but I have never seen pork shoulder/boston Butts on sale there. Hy-Vee is the only place I have found pork shoulders and butts for less than $1.00/lb.

The Sam's Club in Ames is putting in a meat department this month so I will be checking it out.

I will say that my guy's brats are pricy too, but they are huge, meaty (not as much garbage ground in) and mixed with a tasty variety of spices. Whether it's plain, mushroom, green pepper and onion, etc., they are way better than the Johnsonville variety, and worth the extra $.

WD: Thanks for postin Hy-Vee's pig sale. I don't get the add's and I don't shop alot there, but I wen't today and got a couple pig butts for smokin, so this thread really helped, again thanks for postin it.

I think this is a great thread to keep goin, might not apply to everyone across the country but to those it helps it's great.

you're welcome tip.............

dahl's has that sale for shoulders.........i have yet to do one, so going to jump on that one myself.........

Thats a prime xample of what is good and common sense. Ya get what ya pay for!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I picked up 3 butts at the Ames Hy-Vee last night average weight around 9 lbs. Total cost $27.54. Asked the meat man about baby-back ribs. They were $4.99 per lb. More than I was willing to pay. I can get them at Fareway for $3.77 per lb.

Busch's Valueland has pork butts for $.99 per lb. I only found 1 whole butt and the rest were cut down to smaller roast. I'm sure there are more whole butts to be had. Also had whole Beef NY strip loins for $3.99 per lb. Not sure of the length of the sale so call ahead to your local store if interested.

Lou

i found a great store if you live in illinois t and j meat, just bought brisket 2.29 pound and pork sausage 1.59 a pound and they bend over backwards to help with any questions 394 and glenwood dyer road -chicago heights and if you go pm me im right down the street

I am getting Butts for .99 a pound all day long, great looking untrimed butts, nice marbling. This is at Peoria Packing in Chicago, I also get spares, Ital sausage and briskets from there, monthly run. Briskets are cryovac everything else is out fresh. You have to put plastic gloves on when you walk through the door. I usually go through a couple of dozen butts till I find 4-5 that I really like (just picky i guess).

I looked at Fareway's Ad in Omaha, and don't see anything about a Pork Loin, but they do have BB Ribs for 2.99/lb, is that pretty good? If so I might stop there tonight and pick up a few. What's the main difference between your normal pork ribs and the BB ribs?

call em and see if they have that special anyways..........

it was the front page of the add..........

don't know what you mean by REGULAR pork ribs........you have spares.......babybacks.............spares in my opinion have more meat........bb's are supposed to be more tender but costs WAY more..........i personally perfer spares............but 2.99 is a good price for bb's

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky