• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Let's help each other out......

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chargrilled

Meat Mopper
Apr 8, 2008
From my understanding, normal pork ribs are spares and BB are higher up on the back by the loin.

Spares
Attachment 8878

Backs
Attachment 8879

Hope this helps.
8fc1fddd_vbattach17773.jpg

f6267723_vbattach17774.jpg

gabriel

Smoke Blower
Mar 31, 2008
WD I've never actually been to a Fareway, I usually just price match whatever is in their ad I see in the Sunday Omaha World Herald. I might stop there tonight.

As for the ribs, yah, I didn't know the name for the spare ribs. I think I'll hold out for cheap spares.

gabriel

Smoke Blower
Mar 31, 2008
Welp, I just looked at the new ad tomorrow for Fareway and they have the same price on the Bone-In Pork loin. How long is the bone typically on those? I've only bought the little rolls of boneless pork loin before, and I can't eat 20lb in one sitting and it's a little more than I'd like to freeze. Wondering if I should buy it and cut in thirds or something.

They also have boneless baby back ribs for 1.99...but their bone-in baby back ribs are 2.99. How is it that boneless is cheaper than bone-in? Is it worth it to maybe buy these boneless ones or you think the flavor will be different? With ribs you usually expect the long bone to gnaw the meat off of them, but 1.99 for that good tender meat is a pretty good deal I thought.

lcruzen

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Apr 16, 2007
I've never heard of boneless baby backs. I doubt they have someone bone out the rack and charge less so it must be some other piece of meat located close to the rib meat. Of course it could be a hybrid pig they raise without any bones in it.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

walking dude

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
SMF Premier Member
Aug 5, 2007
gab.........i buy the loin to make candian bacon outta.............cut it in thirds.........dry brine it, and smoke to temp of 160..........GREAT EATS

chargrilled

Meat Mopper
Apr 8, 2008
Boneless BB Ribs are McRibs, I wouldnt even go there. Probably pressed, processsed pork. I would wait on the spares, I love the way they Q and I can buy them all day long for $1.19 a pound. Although $2.99 is a standard store price for BBacks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky