Leatherneck Roll Call.... All Branches Welcome!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I used to use that discount at HD. Then they changed it to only Vets with a card showing "Service connected disability", except occasionally on Holidays it was for all Vets with a DD214. 

Bear
I don't ask for a 'Veteran's discount' but for a 'Military Discount'.  At my HD, it makes a difference.  I still have my old laminated ID and they just glance at this young kid on the picture and give me the discount.  

Cpl USMC

'00-'04

3Bn 5th Mar

India Co

"Dirty 3rd" Platoon

0311/8111

OIF 2/03-9/03

Current Assignment

Commandant Camp Couch

1st Civ Div 

SSGT USAF 2007-Present

Cop Najil/FOB Mehtar Lam 09-10

Kandahar 10-11

Malmstrom AFB 08-Present

I leave next month for Elmendorf, Anchorage, AK for a 3 year tour.

SSGT USAF 2007-Present

Cop Najil/FOB Mehtar Lam 09-10

Kandahar 10-11

Malmstrom AFB 08-Present

I leave next month for Elmendorf, Anchorage, AK for a 3 year tour.
Thank You for your Service !!!

Bet you're anxious for some AK fishing!!!

Bear

You're welcome!

As far as my move, I'm having mixed emotions.  I'm a walleye fisherman and they don't exist there.  My boat is useless there for the most part, so it's getting sold next month, buyer is my old man and waiting for me to head north before I drop it off.  Going to miss that boat.  I spend almost all of my free days on the water, be it ice or on a boat.  I have amazing freshwater fishing at my finger tips year round here and I absolutely love it.   I know Alaska will be a new adventure and I'm sure I will fall in love, but I'm having trouble coming to terms with the fact I have to leave Montana.  

You're welcome!

As far as my move, I'm having mixed emotions.  I'm a walleye fisherman and they don't exist there.  My boat is useless there for the most part, so it's getting sold next month, buyer is my old man and waiting for me to head north before I drop it off.  Going to miss that boat.  I spend almost all of my free days on the water, be it ice or on a boat.  I have amazing freshwater fishing at my finger tips year round here and I absolutely love it.   I know Alaska will be a new adventure and I'm sure I will fall in love, but I'm having trouble coming to terms with the fact I have to leave Montana.  
I can understand that !!!

I would hate to leave PA again, but if I had to, Alaska & Montana would be at the top of the list.

Bear

Been a while since I've posted, but had to on this thread. 

USMC 1980-1984

Corporal

0411 and 0811

PI, Little Creek, Camp Lejeune (2nd Mar Div), Okinawa (3d FSSG), Camp Fuji and then 2d Mar Div again with 10th Marines.

Respect to all (love you Navy guys also, my brother is a Nuke).

Respect to all (love you Navy guys also, my brother is a Nuke).
And thanks for your service man.
flag.gif

You just can't pick your family........... My sister told everyone I was a piano player in a house of ill repute for 6 years to avoid the embarassment.

Last edited:
SGT US Army 2006-Present

19K/Abrams Crewman

Finished OSUT in May 06 and by August I was on a plane to Egypt- August 07

Went Active Duty and got sent to Ft Riley

A year and 3 days to the day I was home from Egypt I was on a plane to Afghanistan - May 08

Stayed in KS for a few months then I was back overseas to Iraq Sep 08-Sep 09

Finally got a little down time and enjoyed KS for a year before I was back in Iraq Nov 10 - Nov 11

Stayed in KS till April 2012 and I have been here at Ft Benning Training incoming LTs ever since.

I just have to say to all of you guys and gals that have worn or still wearing the uniform of any branch of our military, Thank-you for your service and Welcome Home. I never served (due to Crohns disease) but I have the highest respect for anyone who did. I ride with the Patriot Guard Riders and stand with your fellow brothers in honor of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our Nation. I also have helped for the last 3 yrs raising funds for the Coleman Veterans Memorial in Coleman, MI. It is based on the Memorial at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii. We are believed to be the only Memorial in the Nation that have a female Combat soldier statue. You can check out the Coleman Veterans Memorial by googling it. Its a beautiful memorial.

Link removed by Alesia (SmokinHusker)

Last edited by a moderator:
Utah Army National Guard, 625th Military Police Company. Served from 3/75 to 2/84, final rank of SSGT (E-6).

Chair Force checking in

USAF

Sept 02 - Present (TSgt E-6)

Ramstein AB, Germany (C-130E's)

Kirtland AFB, NM (CV-22 Opsrey's)

NAS JRB, Fort Worth, TX (C-130H's)

Just a knuckle draggin wrench turner - Aircraft Pneudraulics
USAF @ Ramstein checkin in! Wire Dawg! Comm/Phone troop

AD USAF 02-present. Made E6 (TechSgt), sew on in a couple months! currently deployed. Can't wait to get back and get some smokin in before Germany decides to freeze over again.

Last edited:
Richjt92 checking in....

For all you Air Force haters...just admit that "You Chose Poorly" - Grin!

USAF 1992 to Present...Aircraft/Munitions Maintainer...

You name the Fighter...I have worked it and some snake eater time.....

Korea (3 years), Iraq /AFG, Middle East (all the countries), AFCannonistan (5 years) and CONUS...never got to the garden spots in Europe...

Cooked over 3,000 pounds of Brisket for my Airmen and over 300 Fried Turkeys, I just love watch them scarf down BBQ and get a real home cooked meal....

Thanks to ALL of you for your service...

Last edited:
Not sure if this was open to foreign Military But....
Royal Canadian Navy
1989 to present
Submariner since I saw light in 95
Currently working towards Chief engineer Qualification
Dolphin Code 38

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky